Impedance is the complex-valued generalization of resistance. It may refer to:
- Acoustic impedance, a constant related to the propagation of sound waves in an acoustic medium
- Electrical impedance, the ratio of the voltage phasor to the electric current phasor, a measure of the opposition to time-varying electric current in an electric circuit
- High impedance, when only a small amount of current is allowed through
- Characteristic impedance of a transmission line
- Impedance (accelerator physics), a characterization of the self interaction of a charged particle beam
- Nominal impedance, approximate designed impedance
- Impedance matching, the adjustment of input impedance and output impedance
- Mechanical impedance, a measure of opposition to motion of a structure subjected to a force
- Wave impedance, a constant related to electromagnetic wave propagation in a medium
- Impedance of free space, a universal constant and the simplest case of a wave impedance
|Look up impedance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Impedance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.