|Products||Imaging, Software, Microscopy|
The company is based in Coventry, England, and it develops and sells scientific imaging equipment and software including confocal microscopy systems and image analysis software (Volocity) for the Life Sciences industry.
In 2004, Improvision was runner-up in the Apple Design Awards for Best Mac OS X Scientific Computing Solution for their Volocity 2.6.1 software release. In 2002, it was a winner in the annual Lord Stafford Awards for Innovation.
- "PerkinElmer Acquires Improvision Ltd". PerkinElmer Corporate News.
- Wilkinson, Matt (5 April 2007). "PerkinElmer buys imaging software specialist. PerkinElmer have continued to expand their cellular imaging portfolio with the acquisition of software company Improvision.". in-PharmaTechnologist.com. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- "Imaging cells in four dimensions: Improvision's Volocity lets researchers examine how 3D images change over time.". The Scientist. 18 February 2002. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- Pain, Steve (9 October 2002). "Improvision wins prestige award for innovation". The Birmingham Post. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- Dunn, Peter. "National Award for University Support that Helped Coventry Company Achieve 700% Increase in Sales". The University Of Warwick. Archived from the original on 26 May 2005. Retrieved 4 July 2008.