In Person at the Whisky a Go Go
|In Person at the Whisky a Go Go|
|Live album by Otis Redding|
|Recorded||8–10 April 1966 at the Whisky a Go Go, Los Angeles, CA|
|Otis Redding chronology|
In Person at the Whisky a Go Go is a live album by Otis Redding, recorded at the Whisky a Go Go on Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, California in April 1966. It was released posthumously in 1968. The recording was made before Otis Redding attained crossover fame at the Monterey Pop Festival.
The original issue of the album presented a selection of songs from the three shows. Another selection was released in 1993 under the title Good to Me: Live at the Whisky a Go Go, Vol. 2. The complete live performances were released on October 21, 2016.
|1.||"I Can't Turn You Loose"||Otis Redding||4:45|
|2.||"Pain in My Heart"||Naomi Neville||2:13|
|3.||"Just One More Day"||Steve Cropper, Redding, McElvoy Robinson||5:25|
|4.||"Mr. Pitiful"||Cropper, Redding||2:07|
|5.||"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"||Mick Jagger, Keith Richards||4:37|
|6.||"I'm Depending On You"||Redding||3:02|
|7.||"Any Ole Way"||Cropper, Redding||2:24|
|8.||"These Arms of Mine"||Redding||4:01|
|9.||"Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"||James Brown||4:45|
- Otis Redding – vocals
- James Young – guitar
- Robert Holloway – tenor saxophone
- Robert Pittman – tenor saxophone
- Donald Henry – tenor saxophone
- Sammy Coleman – trumpet
- John Farris – trumpet
- Clarence Johnson – trombone
- Katie Webster - piano
- Ralph Stewart – bass guitar
- Elbert Woodson – drums
- Allmusic review
- Landau, Jon (December 21, 1968). "Soul Roll". Rolling Stone. San Francisco: Straight Arrow Publishers, Inc.
- Spencer, Neil (November 14, 2016). "Otis Redding – Live At The Whisky A Go Go: The Complete Recordings". Uncut.
- "OTIS REDDING – LIVE AT THE WHISKY A GO GO: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS SET FOR OCTOBER 21st RELEASE". Stax Records. September 10, 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- "In Person at the Whisky a Go Go - Otis Redding > Awards > AllMusic". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2014-10-28.