In a Forest, Dark and Deep
|In a Forest, Dark and Deep|
|Written by||Neil LaBute|
|Date premiered||14 March 2011|
|Place premiered||Vaudeville Theatre, London|
In a Forest, Dark and Deep is a play by Neil LaBute. It received its world premiere production in the West End's Vaudeville Theatre on 14 March 2011 following previews from 3 March 2011, running for a limited season until 4 June 2011. The production starred Matthew Fox and Olivia Williams.
The play had its American premiere at Profiles Theatre in Chicago, Illinois in April 2012 through 3 June. The production stars Darrell W. Cox and Natasha Lowe and was directed by Joe Jahraus.The Chicago Tribune reviewer wrote:"Interesting and formatively atypical, it strikes me as very much a meditation on what is and is not true, on the ease of rushing to misjudgment, and also a further manifestation of the longstanding authorial fascination with the close link between deep intimacy and dark violence."
- Billington, Michael (15 March 2011). "In a Forest Dark and Deep - review". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- Chicago Tribune (17 January 2012). "Chicago Tribune". Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Profiles Theatre. "Profiles Theatre". Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Jones, Chris. "Review. Twists and turns and a few stumbles in LaBute's 'Forest'" Chicago Tribune, April 23, 2012
- Contemporary American Theater Festival. "The Plays". CATF. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Treanor, Tim. " 'In a Forest, Dark and Deep' at CATF" dctheatrescene.com, July 7, 2012
|This article on a 2010s play is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|