In a basket
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Food served in a basket, a basket platter or a basket with fries is a sandwich or other main-dish that is served on top of a basket of an accompanying foodstuff, usually french fries. The "basket" is usually either made of plastic and lined with paper, or is simply a disposable paperboard box or tray. Sometimes the basket contains other side dishes as well, such as a container of coleslaw or a pickle. This term is common in the Midwestern U.S..
The Chicken in a Basket Circuit
- Castelow, Ellen. "Food in Britain in the 1950s and 1960s". Historic UK. Historic UK Ltd. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Chicken In A Basket is back on the menu". Bristol Post. Local World Limited. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Brewster, Bill. "Working Man’s Soul". DJhistory. DJ History Ltd. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Kinsley, Billy. "The Merseys". Triumph PC Group. Triumph PC Group. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Golden Garter night club". Wythenshawe's History and Heritage. Retrieved 9 May 2015.