|Founded||1994 by Tim Weller|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Incisive Media is a business-to-business (B2B) information and events company founded by Tim Weller, in 1994 with the launch of Investment Week. It acquired Timothy Benn Publishing (owner of Post Magazine) in August 2000. It was listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2000 which valued the business at c. £73m. During the next six years the business completed a number of acquisitions including Matching Hat, Risk Waters, Initiative Europe (Unquote), Search Engine Strategies, Global Professional Media, Asian Venture Capital Journal and Pacific Prospect. However, as a public company it was difficult to take advantage of some of the larger consolidation opportunities that existed, so in December 2006 Tim Weller led a management buyout deal backed by Apax Partners that valued Incisive Media at £275 million.
Within a few months of going private, Incisive Media completed the acquisitions of MSM International and UK publishing business VNU Business Publications Ltd, formerly part of The Nielsen Company, from venture capital group 3i in 2007. In August 2007 the company completed a $630m deal to acquire ALM, an American magazine publisher that was backed by Bruce Wasserstein, doubling the size of the group again and creating a company with an enterprise value of over $1bn.
However, following the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the downturn in the financial services market, Incisive Media's markets came under significant pressure and the debt levels were no longer sustainable. In October 2009 Incisive Media announced the refinancing of the Group's debt. ALM was separated from the Group and was Acquired by RBS and Apax Partners. In the same month Incisive Media agreed to a debt-for-equity swap with its lenders.
The company employs more than 750 people working in London, New York and Hong Kong. In June 2015 Incisive Media acquired Chartis Research limited, founded by Peyman Mestchian.
In January 2016 Legal Week was acquired by leading US publisher ALM, a deal which reunites Legal Week with its former sister company and publisher of titles including The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel.
The group received five nominations for the June 2010 Association of Online Publishers awards, and was voted Digital Publisher of the Year. Also it received the same award in 2013, in 2016  and most recently in 2017. Incisive followed this up with a win for Pensions and Benefits UK at the 2017 UK Conference awards.
- "Timothy Benn Publishing to merge with City Financial Communications".
- "Incisive Media investors hope Apax bid will trigger auction". The Guardian. 22 September 2006.
- "Incisive Media purchases US publisher ALM". The Guardian. 5 July 2007.
- "Incisive to buy VNU Business Publications". Daily Telegraph. February 6, 2007.
- "Incisive Media reaches agreement on refinancing of the Group Incisive press release" (Press release). 8 September 2009.
- "US publisher ALM acquires Legal Week from Incisive Media – Press Gazette". www.pressgazette.co.uk.
- "Nominations for AOP awards". The Guardian. 23 April 2010.
- "2010 AOP Award Winners". ukaop.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2013-04-20.
- "Incisive win AOP B2B silverware for a second consecutive year - Incisive Media". 29 June 2017.
- "Pensions and Benefits UK takes centre stage at the 2017 Conference Awards - Incisive Media". 3 July 2017.
- Incisivemedia.com, official website