|Founded||10 April 2019|
|Ideology||Climate change action|
Independents CAN, formerly Independents For Climate Action Now (ICAN), is an Australian political party which was registered on 10 April 2019. It seeks to prosecute policies relating to climate change, such as planning for climate change related emergencies and phasing out fossil fuels to replace with renewable energy.
In 2018, lead candidate Rod Bower announced the party would run in the 2019 federal election for a New South Wales senate seat "to give a voice to the marginalised". The party would emphase policies surrounding "climate change, refugees and basic human rights". The party did not win a seat, receiving 0.6% of all votes.
The party changed its name from "Independents for Climate Action Now" to "Independents CAN" in 2021.
- Now, Independents for Climate Action. "Jim Tait". ICAN Australia. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Registration of a political party Independents For Climate Action Now" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- Now, Independents for Climate Action. "Policy". ICAN Australia. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Father Rod chases Senate seat". The Australian. 29 October 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Outspoken Anglican rector Rod Bower announces Senate bid". SBS News. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Senate Results".
- "Change of party name and removal of abbreviation – Independents For Climate Action Now" (PDF). Retrieved 9 January 2021.