|Industry||Mobile Communications Telecommunications
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom
Number of employees
Infobip is an international IT and telecommunications company. It operates a full-stack Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) with private cloud infrastructure and zero-hop connectivity to telecoms globally. Services include SMS messaging, voice, app notifications, email, chat apps messaging and carrier billing. As a B2B company, it serves both mobile network operators and enterprises, notably banks, social networks and corporations. Among Infobip's clients are different kinds of non-profit organisations and public institutions.
While its headquarters are in London, Zagreb and Pula, the company also has offices in metropolises like Buenos Aires, Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Vancouver, Dubai, Belgrade, Moscow and Mumbai. In 2014 and 2015, the company saw further consolidation of its operations in Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
According to Croatian Chamber of Economy, Infobip is one of the world's largest providers of SMS-based services. Since 2009, the company has grown internationally, establishing offices and operations in global business hubs. In November 2014, the company announced €1.8 million investment in security, infrastructure and data protection.
It is regularly exhibiting at the industry events worldwide, particularly those specialising in mobile, digital and telecoms.
Infobip is a member of GSM Association, trade groups like Mobile Ecosystem Forum, Mobile Marketing Association and Mobey Forum, and holds the PCI DSS certificate, a confirmation of compliance of its messaging system with payment cards industry standards for handling sensitive financial information, like credit card PINs.
Since 2015, the company has been hosting Infobip Dev Days, an annual developers conference for 300 participants, both its own developers and guest delegates. Conference topics include continuous delivery, distributed systems, principles and methodologies of agile development etc.
Infobip's global growth is linked to an entrepreneurial incubator for start-ups, established in the Croatian town of Pula during 2005, whereas the business itself was started by a group of friends in the nearby Vodnjan during 2002.
Research and Development
The company employs 130 developers divided into 25 dev teams in 5 R&D centers, and operates on a principle of continuous deployment, handling over 400 services on 6 globally distributed data centers.  The company exposes its REST API allowing developers to add telco-grade functionalities into their IT systems, mobile apps and web services.
Awards and Recognitions
- World's best rated A2P SMS vendor, June 2017    
- 2017 Top rated CEOs (Top London CEOs), May 2017 
- Global Carrier Awards finalist, November 2016, Paris
- Best A2P SMS messaging provider - Messaging and SMS World Awards, London, December 2015 
- Fast moving company - Mobile Business Excellence Award 2015, Malaysia 
- EE accredited partner, EE performance partner
- Best Enterprise Service finalist - Total Telecom Africa Awards 2015 
- Latin America Mobile challenge finalist - Citi mobile innovation competition in Latin America, June 2014 
- Golden Index student award - for investing in student associations and projects in 2013 
- Tečajna lista. "Prvi hrvatski softveraš s više od tisuću radnika - Poslovni dnevnik". Poslovni.hr. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "IDA: Pulski poduzetnički inkubator "Izazov"". Ida.hr. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Company - About us". Infobip.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Infobip: gigante croata de SMS monta estrutura no Brasil". Mobile Time. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "本网页已删除". Science.china.com.cn. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "British telecom firms seek expanded trade ties with PH - Newsbytes Philippines". Newsbytes.ph. 2015-11-22. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- IT companies presenting solutions to CIS market Croatian Chamber of Economy, May 2012
- Infobip opens two offices in Latin America National business daily Poslovni dnevnik, September 2011
- "INFOBIP REACHES NEW DATA SECURITY MILESTONE – Global Banking And Finance Review Magazine – Financial & Business Insights". Globalbankingandfinance.com. 2014-11-08. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- IT companies expanding globally National business daily Poslovni dnevnik, February 2012
- "Associate Members - MembershipMembership". Gsma.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Infobip Credited with PCI DSS Compliance Certification". It.tmcnet.com. 2014-04-14. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Najuspješnije IT kompanije odgovaraju na zahtjeve u dan ili dva". Netokracija.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Infobip Dev Days 2017 - The region's top developer conference". Infobip.com. 1986-01-28. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Entrepreneurial incubator helps start-ups grow Istrian Development Agency, April 2006
- Tečajna lista. "S japanskim operaterom SoftBankom razvili smo virtualnu valutu YCoin - Poslovni dnevnik". Poslovni.hr. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Capacity Conferences". Capacity Conferences. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Home | MBEA". Mbeawards.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "finalists | Africa Awards". Terrapinn.com. 2015-05-26. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Elliott Holley. "Citi names finalists for Latin America Mobile Challenge 2014 » Banking Technology". Bankingtech.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Svečano dodijeljene nagrade Zlatni indeks za 2013. godinu". Unizg.hr. 2014-03-14. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Infobip webpage
- Infobip LinkedIn page
- Crunchbase profile
- Africa Communication Wireless Yearbook 2017
- The Telegraph: CEOs secret rituals for success, 2016
- Citi names finalists for Latin America Mobile challenge 2014
- TechCrunch Balkans steams through Belgrade and Zagreb, Ljubljana is next, 2013
- GSMA: Infobip opens offices in Dubai and Sydney, 2012