|Ingleby Farms & Forests|
|Carl-Gustaf Wachtmeister (Chairman)|
'Ingleby Farms & Forests is a worldwide farming corporation, owned by the British-based Swedish Rausing family. It owns significant farming interests in New Zealand, Romania, Argentina, Latvia, Lithuania, the United States and Australia. It is based in Denmark.
Ingleby operates under a variety of subsidiaries in Australia. In Tasmania it uses the name Clovelly Tasmania Pty Ltd. Ingleby owns around 16,000 hectares (40,000 acres) in Australia, including many historic Tasmanian properties. In 2005 it purchased the 1838 property Bowood for AUD$7.75 million and in 2011 purchased the 1839 Georgian Symmons Plains Estate from the Youl family for AUD$10 million.
The company operates as Ingleby Company Ltd in New Zealand. It has purchased 17 farming properties, of which it later sold one, merged two and sold part of another. They received heavy criticism for allegedly overpaying for properties to cut locals out of the market, particularly in their NZ$4.2 million purchase of Katoa Station, Gisborne District, in 2007. They own an estimated 20,000 hectares (49,000 acres) in New Zealand. It is the largest foreigner owner of pastoral land in New Zealand.
Ingleby Agricultura/Ingleby Farms & Forests are the primary subsidiaries of Ingleby in Romania. It owns around 11,000 hectares (27,000 acres) in the country, making it the largest single land owner in Romania.
- "Count Carl-Gustaf Wachtmeister Chairman of Ingleby Farms and Forests". investforest.com. Invest in Forest International Conference. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Ingleby buys Symmons Plains". Property Observer. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Scandal-hit family own lots of NZ farmland". The New Zealand Herald. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Brits deny pushing Kiwi farm prices up". The Dominion Post. 2 August 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Ingleby Company in New Zealand for the long haul". Farm Land Grab. 4 January 2008. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "NBR RICH LIST 2012: A place for business and pleasure – the international NBR Rich Listers". NBR. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "Ingleby outruns major Romanian farming business owners". ACT Media. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2014.