|Born||9 June 1960|
University of California at Berkeley|
|Occupation||Science historian, philanthropist|
Hans Kristian Rausing (brother)|
Sigrid Rausing (sister)
Anna Lisbet Kristina Rausing (born 9 June 1960) is a science historian and philanthropist. She is a co-founder of Arcadia, one of the UK’s largest philanthropic foundations, and director of Ingleby Farms & Forests (Ingleby Company).
Lisbet Rausing is the eldest daughter of Hans Rausing and his wife Märit Rausing. She has one sister, Sigrid Rausing, and one brother, Hans Kristian Rausing. Her grandfather, Ruben Rausing, was co-founder of the Swedish packaging company Tetra Pak.
Rausing studied History at the University of California, Berkeley (B.A., summa cum laude 1984) and completed an M.A. (1987) and Ph.D. (1993) in History at Harvard University, where she taught for eight years.
Harvard University Press published Rausing's scholarly biography of Carl Linnaeus Linnaeus: Nature and Nation in 1999. Throughout her career she has published a range of articles on related subjects in scholarly journals including Representations,Configurations, and History of Political Economy. She has also contributed to the Financial Times and The Sunday Telegraph, and has published a number of pieces on the evolution of archive digitization and on open access to scholarship.
Rausing is a senior research fellow at Imperial College. She holds honorary doctorates from Uppsala University and SOAS and she is an elected member of St Catharine's College, Cambridge. She is also an honorary fellow of the British Academy, the Linnean Society, the Royal Historical Society, The Royal Society of Biology and the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry. In 2005 she was appointed to the Harvard Board of Overseers and Yad Hanadiv Advisory Committee. She serves on the Cambridge Conservation Initiative Advisory Board and is co-chair of the Harvard Capital Campaign.
Rausing founded and is a director of Ingleby Farms & Forests (Ingleby Company) which owns and farms over 100,000 hectares in nine countries. She also works closely with a family-owned liquid food packaging company, Ecolean.
Lisbet Rausing co-founded the Arcadia Fund in 2001 with her husband Professor Peter Baldwin. As of December 2017, the Fund has made grant commitments of over $500million to charities and scholarly institutions globally that preserve cultural heritage and the environment and promote open access. Arcadia-funded projects include the Endangered Languages Documentation programme at SOAS, the Endangered Archive Program at the British Library and Fauna & Flora International's Halcyon Land and Sea fund. They are listed as one of the biggest benefactors to the Wikimedia Foundation and donated $5 million to the Wikimedia endowment in 2017 after Baldwin joined its advisory board. Rausing and Baldwin also founded Lund Trust. Since 2002 Lund Trust has given more than $62 million to charities in the UK and internationally.
- Designed and developed ZOO Digital - a division of ZOO Communications - London: +44 (0)20 8541 0800 - Paris: +33 (0)1 44 55 01 24. "About Arcadia - Arcadia".
- "Home - Ingleby Farms & Forests". Ingleby Farms & Forests.
- Koerner, Lisbet (1999). Linnaeus: Nature and Nation. Harvard: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-09745-2.
- "Linnaeus’ Floral Transplants.” Representations, 47 (1994)
- "Women and utility in Enlightenment science" Configurations, 3 (1995)
- “Underwriting the Oeconomy: Linnaeus on Nature and Mind.” History of Political Economy supplement to volume 35 (2003)
- “Do Libraries Dream of Electric Sheep?” Going Digital: Evolutionary and Revolutionary Aspects of Digitization Nobel Symposium 147: Stockholm, 2011) and in Logos, 21(2010) and “Toward a new Alexandria: Imagining the Future of Libraries.” The New Republic (12 March 2010)
- “Toward a new Alexandria: Imagining the Future of Libraries.” The New Republic 12 March 2010 see also https://www.opendemocracy.net/lisbet-rausing/toward-new-alexandria accessed 3 December 2015
- https://www.soas.ac.uk/about/fellows/dr-lisbet-rausing/ accessed 3 December 2015
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-06-29. Retrieved 2015-06-16. accessed 03 December 2015
- http://www.linnean.org/fellows/Royal+Patrons+and+Honorary+Fellows accessed 03 December 2015
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-21. accessed 03 December 2015
- http://www.rsb.org.uk/membership/individual-membership/fellowship-frsb/honorary-fellows/l-r accessed 03 December 2015
- "KSLA in English".
- http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2005/06.16/03-overseers.html accessed 03.December 2015
- "Lisbet Rausing". Det Centrale Virksomhedsregister. Central Business Register. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- http://www.sydsvenskan.se http://www.sydsvenskan.se/lund/hans-rausing-82-storsatsar-pa-nytt-forpackningsforetag
- arcadiafund.org.uk Archived 2010-02-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "That Page Was Not Found". Archived from the original on 2012-11-07.
- http://www.eldp.net/ accessed 4 December 2015
- http://eap.bl.uk/index.a4d accessed 4 December 2015