20 August 1984 |
|Occupation(s)||Singer, pianist and composer|
|Instruments||Vocals and piano|
Ingrid Lukas (born 20 August 1984 in Tallinn, Estonia) is an Estonian singer-songwriter, pianist and composer, residing in Switzerland. She featured as part of the Swiss Government's official House of Switzerland entertainment series for athletes and the public at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
Ingrid Lukas spent her childhood in Estonia. According to friend and sometime collaborator Bugge Wesseltoft, she "began her music career" as a five-year-old, participating in the Baltic Way demonstrations in 1989.
She studied piano three years at the Tallinn Music High School, before to Switzerland in 1994. Since then she has been living in Zürich. In 2007 she graduated from the HMT Zürich (Hochschule für Musik und Theater) as a vocal teacher of pop-jazz music.
In May 2013 she was selected by the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Estonian Embassy to participate in the European Month of Culture in Washington, D.C.. Lukas performed at the American University with Michel Gsell.
- We Need to Repeat - (Ronin Rhythm Records, 2009)
- Silver Secrets (Universal Music, 2011)
- Demimonde (Ronin Rhythm Records, 2015)
- Solitude - Metamorphosis feat. Ingrid Lukas (Double Moon Records & Jazzthing, 2009)
- No Lie - DJ Tatana feat. Ingrid Lukas (2012)
- 2015/2016 “Werkjahr” (career award) from the city of Zürich
- 2012 2nd Prize of Estonian Music Awards
- Ingrid Lukas (House of Switzerland, London 2012)
- Ingrid Lukas — "The forest, the sea, the roots and me" by Stuart Garlick (Estonian World, 14 May 2013)
- "Biography". Ingrid Lukas. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Foreign Ministry Coming Events: 13-19 May 2013 (Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Estonia), May 2013)