|Formation||4 October 1968|
|Type||National Professional Body|
|Legal status||Statutory body under an act of Parliament of India, i.e. the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 (Act No. 56 of 1980)|
|Headquarters||22, ICSI HOUSE, Lodhi Road, Institutional Area, Lodhi Colony, New Delhi 110003, India|
|CS Manish gupta|
|Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India|
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a premier national professional body in India under the ownership of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India with the objective of promoting, regulating and developing the profession of company secretaries in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi, has four regional offices at New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai, and has 70 chapters around the country.
A person is eligible to apply for membership by passing all three levels of examinations that is CSEET (earlier Foundation), Executive and Professional prescribed by ICSI and completing Short term and Long term practical training.
The members of the ICSI are highly qualified Professionals playing key role in ensuring compliance with the laws and promoting sound Corporate Governance practices in Indian Corporates.
Institute of Company Secretaries of India was formed by enacting the Companies Secretary Act, 1980 by the Parliament of India.
Role of Company Secretary
Role of Company Secretary is considered as key managerial position with the responsibilities of compliance officer,person guiding board members,acting as risk manager,governance professional etc.
- "PM inaugurates Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations of ICSI". GK Today.
- "The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)". Jagran Josh.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi To Inaugurate ICSI Golden Jubilee Celebrations At Vigyan Bhawan Today". NDTV.
- "ICSI CS Executive Programme results 2017: Results to be declared at 2:00 PM on the official website on icsi.edu". India.com.
- "Disciplinary Action initiated against 400 Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries for Incorporating Chinese Shell Companies". taxscan.in/. 21 June 2022. Retrieved 22 June 2022.
- Today, Telangana (20 February 2022). "Demand for Company Secretaries goes up". Telangana Today. Retrieved 7 July 2022.