Integrated Biological Detection System
The Integrated Biological Detection System is a system used by the British Army for detecting Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear agents or elements. The Integrated Biological Detection System can provide early warning of a chemical or biological warfare attack and is in service with the United Kingdom Joint NBC Regiment. It can be installed in a container which can be mounted on a vehicle or ground dumped. It is also able to be transported by either a fixed-wing aircraft or by helicopter.
The system comprises
- A detection suite, including equipment for atmospheric sampling
- Meteorological station and GPS
- CBRN filtration and environmental control for use in all climates
- Chemical agent detection
- A independent power supply
- Cameras for 360 degree surveillance 
A U.S. military system with a similar purpose and a similar name is the Biological Integrated Detection System (BIDS).
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|