City junctions are a major accident blackspot. The collisions here can mostly be put down to driver distraction or misjudgement. Whereas humans often react too slowly, assistance systems are immune to that brief moment of shock.
The system monitors cross traffic in an intersection/road junction. If this anticipatory system detects a hazardous situation of this type, it prompts the driver to start emergency braking by activating visual and acoustic warnings and automatically engaging brakes.
- Toyota Crown Majesta (from 2009 onwards) Front-side Pre-crash Safety System
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222), Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W212) (from 2013 onwards): BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-10-27. Retrieved 2016-03-08. Toyota Adds to Pre-crash Safety Technologies
- http://www.toyota-global.com/innovation/safety_technology/safety_technology/img/Toyotas_history_of_safety_technology.pdf History of Safety Technology - Toyota
- http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1032400_toyota-upgrades-pre-crash-safety-suite-with-probable-accident-detection-radar-system Toyota upgrades Pre-crash Safety suite with ‘probable accident detection’ radar system
- http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/en/bas_plus_cross_traffic_assist/detail.html BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist
|This article about an automotive technology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|