Interstellar was a Canadian rock band that released two albums in the 2000s.
The band was formed in 1998 by Rob Boak (guitar, bass, keyboards) and Denis Dufour (guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals). The debut album, Late Night Tea, was released in 2000 on Mother Superior Records. Cam Lindsay of Exclaim! described the record as sounding like it had been recorded "at four in the morning", comparing it with Spiritualized and Tortoise. Second album ToSleepToDreamToWake was recorded over three years and issued in 2004 on Plan Eleven Records, charting across Canada. It was described by Darren Eke of Exclaim! as containing "varying degrees of jazz, psychedelia and electro-pop, which are often aided by atmospheric guitar or synthesiser textures to enhance its up-tempo electronic lustre", and by Wavelength as "a sublime mix of multiple instrumentals and lovely spacey ambience".
- Late Night Tea (2000), Mother Superior
- ToSleepToDreamToWake (2004), Plan Eleven
- "MINIMALISM IN MANY GUISES", Wavelength, Issue #26, August 2000, retrieved 2010-03-27
- Lindsay, Cam (2000) "Interstellar - Late Night Tea", Exclaim!, September 2000, retrieved 2010-03-27
- "Interstellar", Wavelength, May 2004, retrieved 2010-03-27
- Eke, Darren (2004) "Interstellar - ToSleepToDreamToWake", Exclaim!, May 2004, retrieved 2010-03-27
- "INTERSTELLAR ToSleepToDreamToWake", Wavelength, March 2004
- Boles, Benjamin (2007) "Disc Review: Cinemascope", NOW, February 8–15, 2007, VOL 26 NO 21, retrieved 2010-03-27
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|