Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores
|Publisher||Regnery Publishing, Inc.|
|LC Class||JV6483 .M29 2002|
Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores (ISBN 0-89526-075-1) is a 2002 book written by political commentator and author Michelle Malkin. In it, she states that the U.S. immigration system is plagued by bureaucratic inertia, political correctness, corruption and pressure from corporate special interests, that weaknesses in the US immigration system played a role in the September 11, 2001 attacks, and that criminals and terrorists are able to exploit loopholes to get into the United States.
The book was reviewed primarily in conservative opinion journals. Malkin complained that the mainstream media ignored it.
VDARE founder Peter Brimelow wrote of Malkin's book: "It may not advance her career. But it is a signal service to her country." NewsMax.com gave it positive coverage. FrontPage's review stated that "Malkin deserves praise for calling attention to problems that even many conservatives would prefer to ignore."
- W. James Antle III (January 13, 2003). "An interview with Michelle Malkin". Frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Peter Brimelow (October 7, 2007). "Malkin's Invasion: The Review". The American Conservative. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Wes Vernon (September 25, 2002). "How P.C. State Department and INS Abet Terrorists". Newsmax.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2002. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- W. James Antle III (November 27, 2002). "Homeland Security Begins at the Border". FrontPageMagazine.com. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Mark Krikorian (9 December 2002). "Welcoming the Enemy - "Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores" - Book Review". National Review. Archived from the original on 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Cathy Young (March 2003). "Guilty by Association. Note to conservatives: Most immigrants aren't terrorists". Reason Magazine. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- Roberts, James C (November 18, 2002). "Invasion, How America Still Welcomes Terrorist, Criminals and other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores". Human Events. Retrieved 2008-01-15.
- "BEST SELLERS: November 17, 2002". New York Times. 17 November 2002. Retrieved 18 November 2015.