Iraq War (disambiguation)
The Iraq War began in 2003 and involved a two-phase conflict comprising an initial invasion of Iraq led by US and UK forces and a longer, eight-year phase of occupation and fighting with insurgents.
The conflict was followed by further insurgency, which later escalated in 2014:
- Iraqi insurgency (2011–14), the surge in sectarian violence that occurred immediately following the end of the 2003 to 2011 Iraq War
- Iraqi Civil War (2014–present), an ongoing conflict that began when the initial two year long insurgency escalated in January 2014
Iraq War may also refer to:
- Mesopotamian campaign (1914–1918)
- Anglo-Iraqi War (1941)
- Iran–Iraq War (September 1980 to August 1988), began when Iraq invaded Iran, and ended almost eight years later in stalemate
- Gulf War (1990–1991)
- Iraqi no-fly zones conflict (1991–2003)
- Operation Desert Fox (1998), a four-day bombing campaign during the Iraq disarmament crisis
- Battle of Baghdad (disambiguation)
- Gulf War (disambiguation)
- Military history of Iraq
- History of Iraq (2003–11)
- Iraqi Civil War (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Iraq War.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.