Isabelle Borg (London 7 September 1959 - Malta 23 September 2010) was a British-Maltese artist. Her work has appeared in several exhibitions in Malta and internationally.
Isabelle Borg was born in London in 1959 to a Maltese father and Italian mother. She studied painting at the Camberwell School of Art, London, graduating BA (Hons) in 1986. She obtained an MA (History of Art) in 1994 and taught art at the University of Malta. She spent periods of her life in Berlin and West Cork, She set up the Moviment Mara Maltija (Maltese Women's Movement) in the late 1980s.
Borg died in Malta in 2010, having suffered from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. She spent the final years of her life working from her studio in Floriana. During the final months of her life she was active in protesting against Malta's planning authorities, arguing that construction works taking place next door to her residence were having a negative impact on her quality of life, further exacerbating her illness and confining her to her bedroom, as well as negatively impacting the cultural heritage of the area.
Isabelle Borg regularly exhibited her work both in Malta and internationally, in Ireland, England and Germany, amongst others. Her work was exhibited at the National Museum of Fine Arts in Malta. She participated in various group exhibitions and had her research published. A retrospective of her work was held in Malta in June 2017. Her subjects included landscapes, abstracts and portraits.
- Massa, Ariadne (16 December 2002). "Isabelle Borg to exhibit works at fine arts museum". Times of Malta. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Analogue Art by Isabelle Borg". Lomography. 19 January 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Obituary|Isabelle Borg, artist, 1959-2010". Malta Today. 26 September 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Painter Isabelle Borg dies aged 51". Times of Malta. 24 September 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- Galea Debono, Fiona (4 March 2010). "Every breath she takes". Times of Malta. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- Galea Debono, Fiona (11 August 2010). "Artist loses battle against development next door". Times of Malta. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Isabelle Borg Art Bio". Isabelle Borg official website. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Artist Isabelle Borg dies". Malta Today. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Isabelle Borg". INIALA5. Retrieved 10 March 2018.