1052 Kawashima-cho, Yokkaichi, Mie|
|Operated by||Kintetsu Railway|
|Previous names||Kawashimamura (until 1954)|
Ise-Kawashima Station (伊勢川島駅 Ise-Kawashima-eki) is a railway station on the Yunoyama Line in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Kintetsu Railway. Ise-Kawashima Station is 5.3 rail kilometers from the terminus of the line at Kintetsu-Yokkaichi Station.
Ise-Kawashima Station has two opposed side platforms, connected by an overpass. This makes it possible for trains running in opposite directions one the single-line Yunoyama Line to pass each other at this station.
|1||■ Yunoyama Line||for Yokkaichi • Nagoya • Osaka|
|2||■ Yunoyama Line||for Komono • Yunoyama-Onsen|
Ise-Kawashima Station is used primarily by morning and evening commuters to school and work.
According to a study conducted on November 8, 2005, 2,218 people passed through this station daily. This made it the:
- 189th busiest Kintetsu station (out of 323 total stations at the time).
- 39th busiest Kintetsu station in Mie Prefecture (out of 116 total stations at the time).
- 5th busiest station on the Yunoyama Line (out of 10 total stations).
- Yokkaichi City Hall Kawashima District Civic Center
- Mitakidai Housing Area
- Yokkaichi Kawashima Post Office
- Mitaki River
- National Route 477
- June 1, 1913 - Station opens as Kawashimamura Station (川島村駅 Kawashimamura-eki) on the Yokkaichi Railway.
- March 1, 1931 - Station falls under the ownership of Mie Railway following merger.
- February 11, 1944 - Station falls under the ownership of Sanco following merger.
- July 1954 - Station is renamed Ise-Kawashima Station (伊勢川島駅 Ise-Kawashima-eki)
- February 1, 1964 - Station falls under the ownership of Mie Electric Railway after railway division of Sanco splits off and forms separate company.
- April 1, 1965 - Station falls under the ownership of Kintetsu following merger.
- April 1, 2007 - Support for PiTaPa and ICOCA begins.
- October 2012 - Station is unattended after installation of automatic wicket gates
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ise-Kawashima Station.|
- (in Japanese) Kintetsu: Ise-Kawashima Station