|Full name||Ishmael Welsh-Elliott|
|Date of birth||4 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Deptford, England|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|?–2005||West Ham United|
|2005–2006||West Ham United||0||(0)|
|2007||→ Weymouth (loan)||9||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Torquay United (loan)||21||(2)|
|2008||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||16||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:00, 1 December 2014 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:44, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Welsh began his career as a trainee with West Ham United, turning professional in July 2005. He failed to break into the first team with West Ham and was released in May 2006. In July that year he signed a two-year contract with Yeovil Town and scored on his league debut on 12 August 2006 in Yeovil's 2–1 win at home to Carlisle United.
Despite being in Yeovil's first team at the start of the season, Welsh struggled to establish himself and was allowed to join Weymouth on loan in March 2007. He returned to Yeovil before the end of the season, playing in the final league game of the season away to Gillingham, but failed to make the squad for any of Yeovil's play-off matches.
In August 2007, Welsh joined Torquay United on a season-long loan. On 11 November Torquay met Yeovil in the first round of the FA Cup and Yeovil demanded that Torquay not include Welsh in the team to face them otherwise they would recall the midfielder back from his loan spell in January. Despite Yeovil's warning Torquay included him on the bench for the match but he was not brought on during the game as Torquay came away with a 4–1 win. After his spell at Torquay he returned to Yeovil, but was then quickly loaned back out, this time to Jim Harvey's Forest Green Rovers for the remainder of the 2007–08 season.
In February 2012, Welsh joined Chelmsford City. Welsh was released by the Clarets on 5 February 2013 and promptly joined league rivals Bromley. He made his debut in a 1–1 home draw with Boreham Wood on 16 February. He left the club at the end of the season following the expiry of his contract.
After taking a season out from football, Welsh signed for Cray Wanderers ahead of the 2014–15 season.
now retired he works at preston park primary school as a coach
- London Senior Cup (1): 2012–13
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- Winger Welsh seals Yeovil switch, BBC Sport
- Yeovil 2–1 Carlisle, BBC Sport
- Glovers swoop to re-sign Crainie, BBC Sport
- Welsh back at Yeovil from Terras, BBC Sport
- Man Utd youngster joins Glovers, BBC Sport
- "Glovers warn Torquay over Welsh", BBC Sport
- Welsh Agrees To Stay For Season, This Is Gloucestershire
- Player Signing, graysathletic.co.uk
- Welsh back – Daggers trio join
- Welsh signs for the Rooks
- "Clarets capture Welsh". Non League Daily. 17 February 2012.
Ishmael Welsh at Soccerbase