|Born||Isobelle Rose Molloy
6 October 2000
Chelmsford, Essex, England, UK
|Known for||Matilda the Musical, Maleficent|
Isobelle Molloy (born 6 October 2000) is an English child actress, best known for her portrayal of Amanda and later, Matilda Wormwood in the West End version of Matilda the Musical. She had her film debut as Young Maleficent in the 2014 Disney fantasy film, Maleficent.
Molloy began her career as a dancer when she was three.
Aged 11, she portrayed Amanda Thripp, a pig-tailed schoolgirl in the West End version of Matilda the Musical since the show began in November 2011.
After the two actresses who portrayed Matilda Wormwood at that time had left, Molloy took over the title role, starting from 15 April 2012 at the Cambridge Theatre. "I only had to do two auditions before they offered me the role and to be honest I was shocked," said Molloy, expressing her feelings when getting the role. "But I am not nervous about taking over as Matilda, I know the show, the stage and all the adults in the cast so it will be a lot easier for me."
Molloy made her film debut playing the role of Young Maleficent in Disney's 2014 fantasy film Maleficent, a live-action reimagining of the 1959 film Sleeping Beauty. She was given the part after a casting director spotted her when she performed the title role of Matilda The Musical.
Molloy was raised by her mother, Leanne Cornwell. She has one sibling, an older brother. Prior to 2012, she lived in Springfield, Essex and attended Tomorrow's Talent theatre school in Little Waltham.
|2010||Oliver!||Workhouse Child||2010 - 2011|
|2011||Matilda the Musical||Amanda Thripp||November 2011 - April 2012|
|Matilda Wormwood||15 April 2012 - August 2012|
- "Isobelle set to take the stage by storm". Essex Chronicle. Local World. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Turnbull, Darby (28 June 2012). "Matilda the Musical (West End)". Theatrepeople.com.au. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Review of Matilda the Musical at the Cambridge Theatre London". Holiday Cottages Brittany. 27 May 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
The acting in was first class. We were particularly impressed by Isobelle Molloy who played Matilda, an impressive feat to spend so much time on stage (a lot of it alone) singing beautifully and acting convincingly and energetically.
- Charalambous, Sophia (8 November 2012). "Chelmsford schoolgirl stars in Disney movie with Angelina Jolie". Essex Chronicle. essexchronicle.co.uk. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Golding, Lucy (29 May 2014). "Redroofs Theatre School pupil stars in Disney blockbuster with Angelina Jolie". Maidenhead Advertiser. Baylis Media Ltd. Retrieved 9 June 2014.