It Is What It Is
|Look up it is what it is in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
'It Is What It Is' is an idiomatic phrase, indicating the immutable nature of an object or circumstance. This is commonly used in American culture as a response of acceptance to something that makes little sense or has little to no validity.
It may also refer to:
- It Is What It Is, a 2001 film directed by Billy Frolick
- It Is What It Is, a 2007 autobiography by David Coulthard
- It Is What It Is: Conversations About Iraq, a project by English artist Jeremy Deller
- It Is What It Is, a radio show hosted by Michigan sports radio broadcaster Sean Baligian
- Song Mind Power, in 1973 James Brown album Payback. What "It is What It Is"...work to eat.
- It Is What It Is (ABN album), a 2008 album by the rap duo ABN
- It Is What It Is, a 1982 album by the Australian rock band The Hitmen
- It Is What It Is, a working title for the 2007 album by the rapper Cassidy released as B.A.R.S. The Barry Adrian Reese Story
- "It Is What It Is (What It Is)", a song by the rock band Adam Again on the 1992 album Dig
- "It Is What It Is", a song by Lifehouse on the 2010 album Smoke & Mirrors
- "It Is What It Is", a song by Kacey Musgraves on the 2013 album Same Trailer Different Park
- "It Is What It Is", a song by Lecrae on the 2016 mixtape, Church Clothes 3
- Fihi Ma Fihi (Persian literally meaning "It Is What It Is"), a Persian prose work by the 13th century Sufi writer known as Rumi
- What It Is (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title It Is What It Is.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.