Itumbiara Esporte Clube
|Full name||Itumbiara Esporte Clube|
|Nickname(s)||Gigante do vale (Giant of the Valley)|
Tricolor da Fronteira (Three Color of the Frontier)
|Founded||March 9, 1970|
|President||Raul Jota dos Santos|
|Head coach||Vitor Hugo Siqueira|
|League||Campeonato Brasileiro Série D|
|2011||Série D, 17th|
Itumbiara Esporte Clube, usually known simply as Itumbiara, is a Brazilian football club from Itumbiara, Goiás state. The club competed in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A in 1979 and won the state championship in 2008.
On March 9, 1970, Itumbiara Esporte Clube was founded.
In 2010, Itumbiara finished state championship on 9th and penultimate place and were relegated to second level. Due to this performance they were qualified to 2011 Campeonato Brasileiro Série D because all 2011 Campeonato Goiano teams withdrew.
- Campeonato Goiano:
- Winners (1): 2008
Itumbiara's stadium is Estádio JK, inaugurated in 1977, with a maximum capacity of 20,000 people.
- "Itumbiara Esporte Clube". Arquivo de Clubes. Archived from the original on December 5, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- "V Copa Brasil – 1979 [Brazilian Championship]". RSSSF. Archived from the original on October 31, 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- "Itumbiara vence e conquista Goiano pela 1ª vez". Terra. Retrieved May 4, 2008.
- "Definição da 2ª vaga goiana ao Brasileiro da Série D/2011[Determination of Goias 2nd berth in 2011 Serie D]". fgf. Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved July 31, 2011.
- "Estádio JK". Templos do Futebol. Retrieved July 11, 2007.
- (in Portuguese) Itumbiara Esporte Clube at Arquivo de Clubes