This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Career at Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
Nissan joined Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (IAI, previously Israel Aircraft Industries) in 1978 as a systems engineer. Nissan's notable accomplishments included conception and development of a leading weapon system for the Israeli Navy and initiation of special programs in cooperation with other countries.
In 1995, Nissan was appointed as General Manager of IAI's MBT Division, which was IAI's engineering and development house for missiles, precision weapons, naval systems, and leader of all of Israel's space programs.
In 2002, Nissan was appointed as Corporate Vice President and General Manager of IAI's Systems Missiles and Space Group.
In January 2006, Nissan was appointed as President and Chief Executive Officer of IAI. Nissan led major changes in the company's culture and business orientation, adjusting its workforce structure and introducing the company to the Tel-Aviv stock market with bonds issuing.
Globes business newspaper described Nissan as “a respected manager credited with winning huge deals for IAI”. Nissan left IAI with an all-time high record of orders backlog, totalling nearly $10 billion.
Chairman and CEO at Meteor Aerospace Ltd.
In 2013, Nissan co-founded (together with businessman Hezi Bezalel) a privately owned defense and Home Land Security (HLS) company – Meteor Aerospace Ltd. Meteor Aerospace develops and manufactures a range of defense solutions, and it develops new unmanned systems for air, ground and sea.
Nissan's new company achieved notable achievements during its first two years of operations, having developed a line of new systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems, manned/unmanned surface vessels (USV), and robotic ground vehicles.
Honours and awards
- 2001 – Award for Extraordinary Achievements from Manufacturers Association of Israel
- 2008 – High Tech Manager of the Year award from Israel Management Association
- 2009 – Selected by D&B as one of the most prominent Israeli business leaders
- 2012 – Honorary Doctorate from the Technion
- Meteor Aerospace website. "About Us". Meteor Aerospace Ltd.
- IAI website. "FOCUS ON CORE BUSINESS AND CHANGE OF PERSONNEL - 2003-2006". Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Globes (29 December 2005). "Itzhak Nissan appointed IAI CEO".
- IAI website. "IAI FROM 2006 TO 2008". Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Globes (8 February 2015). "Revealed: Israel's new defense company".
- IAI website. "ISRAEL AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES LTD.'S (IAI) FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR Q4 2012". Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- Arie, Egozi (1 February 2016). "PICTURE: First glimpse of Israel's Impact UAV". Flight Global.
- Manufacturers Association web site, (Hebrew). "Receivers of Manufacturers Award". Manufacturers Association of Israel.
- AINonline website. "People, Feb. 27, 2009". AINonline. AIN. Retrieved 27 February 2009.
- Technion web site. "Technion Honors, 2012, Centennial Events". Technion.