|Region||Centre-Val de Loire|
|Intercommunality||Sauldre et Sologne|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||David Dallois|
|Area1||98.74 km2 (38.12 sq mi)|
|• Density||8.8/km2 (23/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||18115 /18380|
|Elevation||191–355 m (627–1,165 ft)
(avg. 270 m or 890 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
An area of lakes, forestry and farming comprising the village and several hamlets situated in the valley of the petite Sauldre river, about 16 miles (26 km) north of Bourges at the junction of the D55, D12 and the D39 roads and on the D926.
- The church of St. Aignan, dating from the thirteenth century.
- The château d’Ivoy, dating from the seventeenth century.
- A disused watermill.
- Nicolas Leblanc, chemist, was born here on December 6, 1742.
- Félix Millet, born here in 1844, was the inventor of an early motorbike, the motocyclette.
- Rémy Chauvin, biologist and entomologist lived here at the château in the 1990s.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ivoy-le-Pré.|
- Ivoy-le-Pré on the Quid website (in French)