||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Iwa K Live at Konser Kemerdekaan Netmediatama 18-8-2016
|Birth name||Iwa Kusuma|
October 25, 1970 |
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
Iwa K (born Iwa Kusuma, October 25, 1970) is Indonesian rapper, TV presenter, and actor.
Kusuma was born in Bandung, West Java Indonesia. He was a pioneer in Indonesian hip hop music and since his successful career in 1990s, he has become an icon of the nation's hip hop music genre. He began his musical career in the late 1980s. He is the first Indonesian rapper to have released a full-length album (Kuingin Kembali in 1992). He is also the best selling Indonesian rapper to date. Iwa has won an Indonesian Music Award for Best Rap Performance in 1999. His album with Guest Band, Ta'kan, gained a place at #131 in Rolling Stone Indonesia magazine's "150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time" list. His debut solo album, Ku Ingin Kembali, also included in the list at #117. One of his songs, "Bebas" (1994) ranked #36 in Rolling Stone's "150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time" list.
- Ta'kan (1991)
- Ku Ingin Kembali (1993)
- Topeng (album) (1994)
- Kramotak (1996)
- Mesin Imajinasi (1998)
- Vini Vidy Vunky (2002)
- Yang Tak Terpisahkan (2009)
- "Iwa K and His Cinere Posse". Indonesian Observer. 1997. Retrieved 2010-05-19.
- "1999 Winners". Tembang.com. 2000. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time (in Indonesian) (32nd ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2007.
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time (in Indonesian) (56th ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009.