Iyinoluwa Samuel Aboyeji
March 28, 1991
|Alma mater||University Of Waterloo Loyola Jesuit College|
|Known for||Co-founder of Andela|
Co-founder and Managing Director of Flutterwave
Aboyeji is an alumnus of Loyola Jesuit College, where he completed his Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination in 2007. Afterward he went to Columbia International College and earned degrees in International Development, Legal Studies, and Economics. Aboyeji furthered his education at the University of Waterloo, where he earned a B.A in Legal Studies.
At age 19, Aboyeji started Bookneto.com in partnership with a friend. Bookneto.com is a social learning platform for sharing and organizing resources within learning communities. The company was acquired by the Canadian Innovation Center in 2013.
In 2013 Aboyeji started Fora along with Ian Carnevale, Nadayar, and Brice. Fora is a distance learning platform for African universities. Fora enables young professionals in Africa to discover short certificate courses offered online or at universities and professional organizations in the United States.
In 2014 Iyinoluwa co-founded Andela. Andela was weaned Fora. He is listed among Forbes Africa's 30 under 30. In 2016 he co-founded Flutterwave, a payments API that makes it easier for banks and businesses to process payments across Africa.
Iyinoluwa is a recipient of several awards and honors including the John C Holland Award for Youth Leadership (awarded by JC Holland Foundation in 2010) and Nigeria's top 20 under 20 (awarded by Thisday Newspapers in 2011). He was also named a World Economic Forum Global Shaper in 2012.
On October 15, 2018, Aboyeji announced his retirement from Flutterwave as the Chief Executive Officer. This comes 2 years after he similarly retired from Andela to co-found Flutterwave.
- "Iyin Aboyeji steps down as Flutterwave CEO as cofounder Olugbenga Agboola takes over". www.pulse.ng. 2018-10-15. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Kazeem, Yomi; Kazeem, Yomi. "A leading Nigerian fintech startup has raised $20 million but is losing its high-profile CEO". Quartz Africa. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Nigeria's Got Hope! – Meet Iyinoluwa Aboyeji". Bella naija.
- "Company Overview of Bookneto Inc". Bloomberg.com.
- "How Andela was founded…". medium.
- "howafrica.com". howafrica.com.
- "30 UNDER 30". Forbes Africa.
- "26-year-old founder wants to change payments in Africa". CNNtech.
- "Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Co-Founder of Andela and Advisor at Africa Angels Network is RISE Youth Of The Week". RISE NETWORKS. 2015-11-30. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- Ojekunle, Aderemi. "Iyin Aboyeji steps down as Flutterwave CEO". Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "A lot is happening at Flutterwave right now | TechCabal". techcabal.com. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Nigerian fintech startup Flutterwave loses ceo Iyin Aboyeji — Quartz Africa". qz.com. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- Okunola, Folarin. "Iyinoluwa Aboyeji: Andela's co-founder has left to head his own startup called Flutterwave". Retrieved 2018-10-16.