J. André Fouilhoux
In Oregon as part of the Whitehouse & Fouilhoux firm with Morris H. Whitehouse, he was involved in designing several projects in Portland, Oregon. These include Anna Lewis Mann Old People's Home the second Failing School (now the campus of the National University of Natural Medicine), the University Club, Elliott R. Corbett House, H. L. & Gretchen Hoyt Corbett House and the Seven Hundred Five Davis Street Apartments He is also credited as a partner in the Conro Fiero House in Central Point, Oregon and the Methodist Church in Astoria.
In New York he worked with Raymond Hood (1881–1934) starting ca. 1923 and worked on projects including the American Radiator Building. He was a partner in the Godley, Fouilhoux, and Barber firm; Hood & Fouilhoux; and the Hood, Godley & Fouilhoux firm. Projects he worked on included St. Vincent de Paul Asylum in Tarrytown, New York, the Masonic Temple in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the McGraw-Hill Building in New York City, and Rockefeller Center in New York City. After Hood's death in 1934 Fouilhoux joined Wallace K. Harrison (1895–1981) and "contributed to the New York World's Fair," as well as on the Fort Greene and Clinton Hill housing developments in New York City during the 1940s.
- American Radiator Building, New York City, 1924
- St. Vincent de Paul Asylum in Tarrytown, New York, 1924
- Masonic Temple in Scranton, Pennsylvania, 1928
- Rockefeller Center in New York City, 1930
- McGraw-Hill Building, New York City, 1931
- New York World's Fair, New York City, 1939
- NRHP #92001380
- Historic Landmarks of Portland, Oregon October 2009
- Terry, John (September 16, 2007). "Oregon's Trails: J. Failing was a force in success of schools". The Sunday Oregonian. p. B4.
- NRHP #79002144
- NRHP #80003374
- NRHP #81000490
- Guide to the Raymond Hood Photograph Collection: 1911-1933 The New-York Historical Society
- JAMES STEVENS CURL Fouilhoux, Jacques-André A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape 2000
- Emanuel, Muriel. Contemporary Architects. Springer. ISBN 9781349041848. Retrieved 16 August 2016.