J. Brent Bill
He is a graduate of Wilmington College and Earlham School of Religion. Bill was inducted into the Columbus (OH) West High School's alumni/ae Hall of Fame in 2011. Bill is a recorded minister in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Ploughshares Farm, where he lives, is slightly over 40 acres (160,000 m2) of former farmland being reclaimed into prairie and native Indiana hardwoods as a wildlife preserve.
Bill serves as the associate secretary for communications, publications, and outreach for Friends General Conference (FGC). FGC serves 35,000 Quakers in the United States and Canada. For 11+ years, Bill was the executive vice president of the Indianapolis Center for Congregations in Indiana. He has been a local church pastor in Indiana and Ohio, as well as an adjunct professor at Earlham School of Religion in Indiana. He has written numerous books, short stories, and magazine articles. He also works as a writing coach.
- Sacred Compass: The Path of Spiritual Discernment ISBN 1-55725-559-8
- Mind the Light: Learning to See with Spiritual Eyes ISBN 1-55725-489-3
- Imagination and Spirit: A Contemporary Quaker Reader ISBN 0-944350-61-5
- Holy Silence: The Gift of Quaker Spirituality ISBN 1-55725-420-6
- Awaken Your Senses: Exercises for Exploring the Wonder of God ISBN 978-0-8308-3560-7
- Finding God in the Verbs: Crafting a Fresh Language of God ISBN 978-0-8308-3596-6
- Life Lessons from a Bad Quaker: A Humble Stumble toward Simplicity and Grace ISBN 978-1-63088-131-3
- Holy Silence: The Gift of Quaker Spirituality, 2nd Edition ISBN 978-0-8028-7403-0
|This Quaker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|