J. C. Hutchins
|Born||January 26, 1975|
|Pen name||J. C. Hutchins|
|Notable works||7th Son|
Hutchins began podcasting in 2006 after receiving multiple rejections from various agents, with 7th Son being his first podcast release. Shortly thereafter in 2007, St. Martin's Press picked up the print rights to 7th Son and Dark Arts, an interactive novel. Hutchins, dubbed a "new media superstar," writes from home alongside his partner, novelist Eleanor Brown.
Books published in print
- 7th Son: Descent (2009)
- Personal Effects: Dark Arts (2009)
- 7th Son: Descent
- 7th Son: Deceit
- 7th Son: Destruction
- Personal Effects: Sword of Blood
Critical reception to Hutchins' work has been mixed to positive, with Publishers Weekly praising both the first novel in the 7th Son series and Dark Arts and Kirkus Reviews panning both. The Celebrity Cafe reviewed Dark Arts, praising the story but stating that the extra elements detracted from the story instead of enhancing it.
- Pod Shots Broward Palm Beach
- Authors Find Their Voice, and Audience, in Podcasts New York Times
- Podcasting Your Novel: Publishing's Next Wave? Time Magazine
- J.C. Hutchins Interview TOR.com
- "No Eye of Newt Here: PW Talks with Eleanor Brown". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Achauer, Hilary (June 2013). "The Written Word" (PDF). The CrossFit Journal.
- Review: Personal Effects: Dark Arts Publishers Weekly
- Review: 7th Son: Descent Publishers Weekly
- PERSONAL EFFECTS Kirkus Reviews
- 7th Son Kirkus Reviews
- Personal Effects: Dark Arts The Celebrity Cafe
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|