This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lissajous figures, implemented with JFreeChart
|Developer(s)||Object Refinery Limited in collaboration with the community|
1.5.0 / November 5, 2017
|Operating system||Cross-platform (JVM)|
JFreeChart supports a number of various charts, including combined charts:
- X-Y charts (line, spline and scatter). Time axis is possible.
- Pie charts
- Gantt charts
- Bar charts (horizontal and vertical, stacked and independent). It also has built-in histogram plotting.
- Single valued (thermometer, compass, speedometer) that can then be placed over map.
- Various specific charts (wind chart, polar chart, bubbles of varying size, etc.).
It is possible to place various markers and annotations on the plot.
JFreeChart automatically draws the axis scales and legends. Charts in GUI automatically get the capability to zoom in with mouse and change some settings through local menu. The existing charts can be easily updated through the listeners that the library has on its data collections.
Relation with Eastwood Charts
Eastwood Charts is an open source implementation of the Google Chart API, with charts rendered using JFreeChart. Both Eastwood Charts and JFreeChart are under the terms of LGPL and developed by David Gilbert.
Software Applications that use JFreeChart
- "GNU Project Releases Latest Version of GNU Classpath" By: Enterprise Open Source News Desk. Oct. 22, 2007. SYS-CON Media.
- Eastwood Charts
- Laher, Russ R.; Gorjian, Varoujan; Rebull, Luisa M.; Masci, Frank J.; Fowler, John W.; Helou, George; Kulkarni, Shrinivas R.; Law, Nicholas M. (July 2012). "Aperture Photometry Tool". Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. 124 (917): 737–763. Bibcode:2012PASP..124..737L. doi:10.1086/666883.
- Laher, R. R. (2016). "Thoth: Software for data visualization & statistics". Astronomy and Computing. 17: 177-185.