||This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Atley is a former overall individual winner of The Australian Press Photographer of the Year Award, and in 2008 he was named as the runner up winner in Australia's richest Photographic/ Art Portraiture Award - The Moran Portraiture Prize. In 2010 he was listed as a top ten finalist in the Sony World Photography Competition (professional sports category).
More recently, he received the award as 2010 Volunteer of the Year by The Steve Waugh Foundation, the charity established by former Australian Test Cricket captain Steve Waugh that aids youths with rare diseases. In 2011, he was awarded the contract as The Official Photographer to document photographically the most significant changes to The Sydney Opera House site since it was first built (expected between 2011 and 2014).[needs update]
Atley has won first place in several photographic competitions:
- "CrawlWall Monitoring Service CWMSZZ-3494943026". www.photolinks.com.
- "2011 Moran Prize – Winners Announced - Australian Photography".
- "Sailing - Sports - Olympics - theage.com.au". www.theage.com.au.
- "Exposure Pro: Jack Atley".
- "Jack Atley wins Moran photo prize". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "2011 Photographic Prize : Open - winner | Moran Prizes". www.moranprizes.com.au. Retrieved 26 July 2017.