This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
June 28, 1966 |
San Fernando, California
|Current team||Don Schumacher Racing|
|2012 NHRA Funny Car Full Throttle Champion, 2003 NHRA Super Comp World Championship|
Jack Beckman (Born June 28, 1966 at San Fernando, California) is a professional drag racer who currently drives a NHRA Fuel Funny Car for Don Schumacher Racing. He is known in the drag racing community as "Fast Jack".
Beckman was an instructor for Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School, (the official driving instruction school of the National Hot Rod Association). Over a period of 11 years, Beckman instructed over 7,000 different students. He is currently a consultant for the school.
"Fast Jacks" fastest pass is: 3.897 second run at 326.87 mph (as of October 2015). The 2012 NHRA Full Throttle Championship in funny car was won in Pomona California @ the NHRA Auto Club Finals. Jack defeated DSR teammate Ron Capps by 2 points. He won in spite of a total team and car change in April 2012.
Jack is a cancer survivor and spokesperson for cancer awareness. A former sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, May 2013 he was presented with the U.S. Air Force Wall of Achievers honor in Enlisted Heritage Hall at Gunter Annex of Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Ala.
August 10, 2013, the City of Norco, Calif., presented him with the Key to the City and declared the day “Fast Jack Beckman Day” to honor its resident for racing accomplishments and work as a national spokesman for the Chemotherapy: Myths or Facts campaign.
Jack has been licensed in 12 different NHRA competition categories throughout his racing career.
- World Championships: 2 (Funny Car 2012; Super Comp 2003)
- National Record Holder: 3.912 seconds, 323.43 mph (Funny Car 2015)
- NHRA Career Wins: 22 (FC: 20; SPORTS: 2)
- NHRA Professional Final Rounds: 45 (FC: 41; Sportsman: 4)
- Career best elapsed time: 3.912 seconds (August 7, 2015, Seattle, WA)
- Career-best speed: 323.43 mph (July 31, 2015, Sonoma, CA)
- 2015 (August 21) Beckman has 3rd-quickest Funny car run in NHRA history breaking his prior records, and all National records with his 3.901 second run at 325.69 mph.
- 2015 (August 8) Obliterating all previous track records, Jack Beckman has another record Funny Car pass at Northwest Nationals. He remains the quickest Funny car in NHRA history and has broken his own record set just one week ago. During qualifying for the NHRA Pacific NW Nationals he recorded the quickest run ever at 3.912 seconds.
- 2015 (July 31) Jack once again makes history by powering to the quickest Funny car run in NHRA history during qualifying for the NHRA Sonoma Nationals. He finished with a record time of 3.921 seconds at 323.43 mph. He certified the run as a national record when he backed up the national E.T. record with an incredible 3.958 second run during Q4 on August 1, 2015.
- 2015 (May 24) made NHRA history by becoming the first driver in a Funny Car to record four consecutive runs below 4 seconds when he dipped into the 3-second range in the last two of three qualifying sessions then started championship eliminations in the 3s for the first two rounds.That win marked the 250th NHRA national event title for Don Schumacher Racing.
- 2012 NHRA Funny Car Full Throttle Champion 
- 2008 No. 3 in Funny Car point standings, with three victories - Phoenix, Reading, Concord - in seven final rounds
- 2007 Traxxas Nitro Shootout winner ($100,000 bonus event held at U.S. Nationals)
- 2003 NHRA Super Comp world championship in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series
Personal Life & Achievements
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2015)|
- Residence: Norco, Calif.
- Hometown: Granada Hills, Calif.
- Date of birth: June 28, 1966
- Married, Jenna, son Jason, daughter Layla
- Hobbies: surfing, automotive mechanics
- Cancer survivor. Was told in early 2005 that his cancer is in remission and currently spends much time supporting cancer-related charities and causes.
- Helped to raise more than $75,000 for the Infinite Hero Foundation (to date; March, 2015)
- On May 2, 2013, Jack was presented with the U.S. Air Force Wall of Achievers honor in Enlisted Heritage Hall at Gunter Annex of Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Ala. Heritage Hall presents tributes to enlisted men and women who have contributed to the growth and development of the United States Air Force. Among former enlisted airmen receiving the honor including President George W. Bush, Brigadier General Chuck Yeager singers Johnny Cash and Gene Autry, actor Charlton Heston and comedian Flip Wilson.
- The City of Norco, Calif., presented him with the Key to City on Aug. 10, 2013, and declared the day “Fast Jack Beckman Day” to honor its resident for racing accomplishments and work as a national spokesman for the Chemotherapy: Myths or Facts campaign.
- Has been licensed in 12 different NHRA competition categories
- Consultant for Frank Hawley’s NHRA Drag Racing School where he has taught more than 7,000 students since 1998
- Former sergeant in U.S. Air Force
- 2015 (August 22) Jack Beckman sets 3rd-quickest Funny Car run, sets Brainerd track record
- 2015 (August 8) ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman makes quickest run in Funny Car history
- 2015 (August 5) Jack Beckman went down a 1,000-foot drag strip in just 3.921 seconds.Motorsport.com article
- 2005 Competitionplus.com article
- Don Schumacher Racing - Media
- Jack Beckman Website - Media