Kjersem c. 1960
|Born||2 August 1925
|Died||11 June 2009 (aged 83)
|Event(s)||10,000 m, marathon|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||10,000 m – 30:13.8 (1956)
Mar – 2:36:14 (1952)
Jakob Kjersem (2 August 1925 – 11 June 2009) was a Norwegian long-distance runner. At the 1948 Summer Olympics he finished twelfth in the 10,000 metres final, and at the 1952 Summer Olympics he placed 24th in the marathon. He never won the 10,000 m Norwegian title, placing second in 1948, 1949, 1951 and 1956. His rivals were Martin Stokken and Øistein Saksvik.
He also won medals in the 5000 metres and the marathon. He excelled in several now-defunct events, having seven national titles in the 25 kilometres road race, the 8 kilometres cross-country race as well as the forest race, won between 1949 and 1960.
- Jakob Kjersem Archived 3 December 2016 at the Wayback Machine.. sports-reference.com
- Norwegian all-time list 10,000 m Archived 4 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine. (in Norwegian)
- Norwegian international athletes – K Archived 28 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine. (in Norwegian)
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's 10,000 m. friidrett.no
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's 5000 m. friidrett.no
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's marathon. friidrett.no
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's 25 km road race. friidrett.no[dead link]
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's 8 km cross-country race. friidrett.no
- Norwegian championship medalists, men's forest race. friidrett.no
- Brunvoll, Øyvind (13 June 2009). "Jakob Kjersem er død". Romsdals Budstikke (in Norwegian). Archived from the original on 23 February 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2009.
- List of publications in BIBSYS
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|