|No. 11, 22|
|Date of birth:||August 31, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Lufkin, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||192 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Lufkin (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2000 / Round: 2 / Pick: 62|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Jacoby Lamar Shepherd (born August 31, 1979) is a former professional gridiron football cornerback. He was drafted in the second round of the 2000 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams. He played college football for the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
Shepherd has also been a member of the Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Edmonton Eskimos, Calgary Stampeders, Dallas Desperados, Utah Blaze and Georgia Force.
Shepherd was born on August 31, 1979 in Lufkin, Texas. He played high school football at Lufkin High School in Texas, where he was a star football player, track athlete and basketball player. He played at both wide receiver and cornerback in high school.
Tyler Junior College
In 1996, Shepherd recorded 40 tackles, one sack and four interceptions as a freshman at Tyler. After the season, he was named Co-Defensive player of the year. As a sophomore in 1997 he was named All-Southwest Junior College.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1½ in||195 lb||4.53 s||1.56 s||2.61 s||35 in||10 ft 0 in||5 reps|
|All from NFL Combine.|
National Football League
Shepherd was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the second round of the 2000 NFL Draft. As a rookie, he played in 15 games and recorded one interception. During the 2001 off season, he was hampered by a hamstring injury. On October 3, 2001, Shepherd was fined by the NFL, along with eight other Rams players for uniform violations. In a practice on October 25, Shepherd and teammate Yo Murphy got into a heated fight, which included punches being thrown and facemask grabbing. kicking the other players sook For the rest of the season, he suffered from a quadriceps injury. He recorded three tackles during the 2001 season. When the Houston Texans were to become the 32nd team in the NFL, each team was required to put five players onto an "expansion list", Shepherd was one of the five Rams on the list.
Canadian Football League
Arena Football League
- "Detroit Lions bio". Detroit Lions. Archived from the original on May 19, 2006. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "AFL.com bio". Arena Football League. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- Jacoby Shepherd, Pro Scout Draft.com
- "NFL.com bio". National Football League. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Jacoby Shepherd player news". KFFL. Archived from the original on February 24, 2012. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "NFL expansion draft list". USA Today. February 13, 2002. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "No Surprises in Waivers by Jets". The New York Times. August 31, 2003. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Jett placed on IR; Lions sign Shepherd". Detroit Lions. October 29, 2003. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Lions on cornerback carousel or crash course". Detroit Lions. October 31, 2003. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Argos re-sign Jonathan Brown". CBC Sports. June 16, 2005. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Final Cuts Today". CFL.ca. June 18, 2005. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Blaze Make Moves Before Trading Deadline". Our Sports Central. May 3, 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-22.