Archambault married (around 1629) Françoise Tourault, with whom he had many children. All Archambaults (and descendants) now living in North America are his descendants, as no other Archambault ever emigrated from France.
A plate in the back of the Pointe-à-Callière Museum of Montreal commemorates his digging the first water well, near what is now known as Place-d'Armes, on October 11, 1658, upon request by Paul de Chomedey de Maisonneuve.
List of children
- Madeleine Archambault ou Aubry (1621-?);
- Denis Archambault (1630-1651);
- Anne Archambault (1631-1699);
- Jacquette-Françoise Archambault (1632-1700);
- N.N. Archambault (1634-?);
- Marie Archambault (1636-1719);
- Marie-Anne Archambault (1638-1685);
- Louise Archambault (1640-1640);
- and Laurent Archambault (1642-1730).
|This New France-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|