His works are mainly devoted to the construction of a theory of modern society under the name of Meta/structural theory (théorie méta/structurelle). Modern nation-states, as elements of world system, are structured on both market and organisation, supposedly rational mediations, as co-implied class factors. The philosophical, sociological, historical, legal-political and cultural aspects of this paradigm are developed in the sense of an Altermarxism, by contrast with classical Marxism.
- (2011) L’État-monde, Libéralisme, Socialisme et Communisme à l’échelle mondiale, Refondation du marxisme, Paris, PUF, September 2011, 320 p. [World State, Liberalism, Socialism, and Communism at global scale, A Refoundation of Marxism].
- (2007) Altermarxisme, un autre marxisme pour un autre monde, with Gérard Duménil, PUF, 2007, 300 p. [Altermarxism, Another Marxism for another World]. Appeared in Spanish (Viejo Topo, 2009), in Polish (Dialog 2011), to appear in Chinese (Social Science Academic Press) and Korean.
- (2004) Explication et reconstruction du Capital, PUF, Paris, 2004, 320 p. [Explanation and Reconstruction of Capital]. Appeared in Spanish (LOM, Santiago, Chili) 2006, in Italian (Manifesto Libri, 2010), in Brazilian (EditoraUnicamp, 2010). To appear in Chinese (Social Science Academic Press).
- (2001) Dictionnaire Marx Contemporain, edited in coll. with Eustache Kouvelakis, PUF, 2001, 600 p. English edition: Critical Companion of Contemporary Marxism (Brill, Leyden, Boston, 2007). To appear in Chinese (Remnin Press).
- (1999) Théorie générale [A General Theory of modernity], PUF, 1999, 504 p., Croatian edition (Disput, 2008, a revised shorter edition in 300 p.), Chinese edition (Remnin Press, 2009).
- (1995) John Rawls et la théorie de la justice [John Rawls and the Theory of Justice], PUF, 1995, 140 p. Spanish edition, Barcelone, 2000.
- (1990) Théorie de la modernité [A Theory of Modernity], PUF, 1990, 300 p. Appeared in Spanish, Buenos Aires, Bellas Letras, 1993, in Italian, Roma, Laterza, 1993.
- (1985) Que faire du Capital ?, Klincksieck. 1985, 2° édition, PUF, 2000, 300 p. Croatian, Japanese and Korean editions. English edition: Exploring Marx’s Capital, 2006, Brill (Leyden, Boston).
- official website
- http://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=99397 - short overview of innovative and constructive critique of Bidet"s approach towards reading and understanding Marx"s Capital by professor D.Strpic