|Also known as||Jadyn Maria|
April 20, 1985 |
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Actress|
|Years active||2002 - Present|
|Associated acts||Arten Way|
Jadyn Douglas (previously known as Jadyn Maria), born April 20, 1985, is a Puerto Rican singer-songwriter and actress. At the age of seventeen, she was signed to EMI and later to Universal Motown in 2008, releasing a couple of singles to little commercial success. Douglas then started a country-pop trio with her sister (Jaclyn) and brother-in-law (Blake) in 2014 called Arten Way.
Life and career
Jadyn Douglas was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico but grew up in Nashville, Tennessee from age two. She was the first daughter born to Dan Douglas, Southern Baptist pastor, and wife Rosa. Her father is of Scottish descent and her mother is Puerto Rican. Her family's Christian background meant that she was immersed in Christian music. She began singing in church from age two. At 17 Jadyn was signed to EMI/CMG, after being spotted singing at a wedding. She later appeared on the debut album by former Christian band Avalon member Jody McBrayer. She was also asked to record a cover of "With or Without You" with hip-hop group GRITS on the U2 tribute album In the Name of Love: Artists United for Africa.
After being spotted by an ad agency, Jadyn and one of her songs, "Rock You Senseless", were featured in Clairol's 2004 Herbal Essence campaign. She also appeared on What I Like About You as part of the campaign.
In 2007, Jadyn signed a songwriting deal with Universal Music Publishing Group, which led to her meeting with R&B musician Ne-Yo's manager and then Ne-Yo himself, eventually signing with his label and Universal Motown after auditioning for its president in 2008. She was the first artist signed to Ne-Yo's label, Compound Entertainment and was an opening act for his tour. Jadyn appeared in her friend, pop singer Katy Perry's music video for "Hot n Cold" as a bridesmaid. She also co-wrote the title bonus track from Ashley Tisdale's album Guilty Pleasure. The single, "Good Girls Like Bad Boys" was released in 2009 and featured rapper Flo Rida. Another single, "Trenchcoat and Shades" was released digitally in the UK. One of her songs "Catwalk V-O-G-U-E" was featured on an episode of the reality series The Hills and later covered by German girl group Monrose.
Under the name Jadyn Douglas she began taking acting jobs in 2011. In 2014, she launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a seven-song EP for her country-music band Arten Way, which is composed of her, her sister, and her brother-in-law.
|2009||"Good Girls Like Bad Boys" (featuring Flo Rida)|
|"Trenchcoat & Shades"|
|2009||"Good Girls Like Bad Boys"||Claire Carre|
|2014||Taxi Brooklyn||Vanessa (as Jadyn Douglas)||Episode 102 - Brooklyn Heights|
|2015||Telenovela||Roxy Rios||Main Role|
- Micah Jesse Interview with Jadyn Maria, Micah Jesse, 7 October 2009, retrieved 2009-11-03
- Official Bio, Compound Entertainment, retrieved 2009-11-03[dead link]
- Get to Know Jadyn Maria!, Seventeen Magazine, 26 January 2009, retrieved 2009-11-03
- Perry, Clayton (24 September 2009), Interview: Jadyn Maria - Singer and Songwriter, Blogcritics, retrieved 2009-11-03
- Rogers, Troy, Living in a Man's World with Singer Jadyn Maria, The Deadbolt, retrieved 2009-11-03
- Jadyn Maria is back, but not doing Christian Music, CMDish, 28 October 2009, retrieved 2009-11-04
- "Trenchcoat & Shades (Album Version)".
- "ARTEN WAY's 1st EP!!!". Kickstarter.
- Gottlieb, Steven (26 May 2009), BOOKED: Jadyn Maria f/ Flo Rida – Claire Carre, director, Video Static, retrieved 2010-01-04