||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jael is an American artist/illustrator specializing in science fiction and fantasy art.
Jael completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts at the University of Utah, completing her Secondary Certification in 1973. Afterwards she taught at several Utah high schools, teaching fine-arts at Clarke College in Nevada between 1974 and 1980 while publishing and completing private commissions in her spare time.
Her works have been featured in calendars, books, magazines and other publications. She also makes perceptual or interpretive paintings and portraits.
She has been nominated several times for the Chesley Awards. Jael continues to produce art and provide on-line art instruction. Having been an artist for close to 60 years, she has created more than 38,000 paintings and images, many housed in collections.
Jael currently lives on the East Coast of the United States.
- Perceptualistics, Paper Tiger, UK, 2002.
Contributions to collections
- The Encyclopedia Of Science Fiction And Fantasy Art Techniques, Quarto Publishing, 1996.
- Spectrum 3, Spectrum 4, and Spectrum 8 (semi-annual publications featuring contemporary fantastic art)
- Paper Tiger Fantasy Art Gallery, 2002.
- Frank Collection, Volume 1
- Frank Collection, Volume 2
- Frank Collection, Volume 3 (forthcoming, 2007)
Myths and Legends...Michael Publishing Company 2015 upcoming Gods and Goddesses....Michael Publishing Company ...coming 2016
- "Jael". Science Fiction Encyclopedia. Retrieved 26 March 2014.