Jagged Edge (British band)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jagged Edge, also known as Jagged Edge UK in the United States[dubious ] where there is an American R&B vocal group with the same name, were a glam metal/rock band formed in London in 1987 by Myke Gray, former guitarist of the band Dorian Gray and briefly of UFO. The band went through numerous line-up changes before a somewhat stable line-up emerged. This line-up consisted of Gray, the former Chinatown, Persian Risk and Bronz rhythm section of bassist Billy Kulke (current Letz Zep frontman), and later Di´Anno/Killers drummer Steve Hopgood along with ex-Baby Tuckoo and Accept vocalist Rob Armitage. The band toured with Ozzy Osbourne in the UK during June and July 1988.
However, this line-up split before the band was signed to Polydor Records, and the band's first EP, as well as the album Fuel for Your Soul, was recorded by the 1989 line-up of Gray, Swedish vocalist Matt Alfonzetti (ex-Bam Bam Boys), bassist Andy Robbins (ex-Tokyo Blade and Shogun), and Italian drummer Fabio Del Rio (who, incidentally, was a member of UFO shortly after Gray's brief tenure). The line-up also included keyboardist Dave Rosingana who performed with Flashpoint, another rock band (not the Miami jazz ensemble).
After touring for the album, Polydor dropped the band, which then split up, and the members moved on to other projects. Gray started a successful career as studio musician and songwriter, including co-writing the Right Said Fred hit You're My Mate and performing under the handle of Sickboy. They played their last show in Dudley on 14 July 1991. Alfonzetti and Gray have started playing together again in the band Red, White and Blues which released an album titled Shine.
|Fuel for Your Soul||1990||Polydor|
|Dorian Gray band (pre-Jagged Edge)||
|1989 - 90||
- "Melodic Hard Rock & AoR". Melodic-hard-rock-metal.blogspot.se. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- Dean, Sam (28 February 2016). "Letz Zep reveal what it's like to be in a tribute band". Liverpoolecho.co.uk. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- "MusicMight :: Artists :: JAGGED EDGE". Rockdetector.com. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Myke Gray - SKIN - Interview Exclusive". Uberrock.co.uk. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "RockBox - [reQ] Jagged Edge [Discography 1990]". Psychocydd.co.uk. 14 July 1991. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Matti Alfonzetti, Myke Gray". Red White And Blues. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Matti Alfonzetti, Myke Gray, Red White & Blues, Shine". Theredwhiteandblues.com. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Jagged Edge | GlamRock.com Forum". Glamrock.com. Retrieved 23 July 2013.