Jaime Ornelas Camacho
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jaime Ornelas Camacho|
|1st President of the Regional Government of Madeira|
1 October 1976 – 17 March 1978
|Preceded by||Joaquim Miguel Duarte Silva (as Military Governor of Madeira)|
|Succeeded by||Alberto João Jardim|
29 February 1921|
Curral das Freiras, Madeira Island, Portugal
|Died||24 February 2016
Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
|Political party||PSD of Madeira|
|Mother||Bela Dória Camacho|
|Father||Jordão Joaquim de Ornelas|
Jaime Ornelas Camacho (29 February 1921 – 24 February 2016) was a Portuguese politician. He was the first President of the Regional Government of Madeira and a member of the Madeiran branch of the centre-right Social Democratic Party. In 1978 he was forced out of office and succeeded by Alberto João Jardim, who remained President of the Regional Government of Madeira until 2015.
- Commander of the Order of Merit (9 June 1993)
- Grand Cross of the Order of Prince Henry (28 June 2001)
- "Escola Industrial e Comercial do Funchal: Índice de funcionários docentes e não docentes". Archived from the original on April 8, 2015. Retrieved May 29, 2015.
- "Jaime de Ornelas Camacho". GeneAll. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Morreu o primeiro presidente do Governo Regional da Madeira". tvi24.iol.pt (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2016-02-27.
- "Cidadãos Nacionais Agraciados com Ordens Portuguesas". Página Oficial das Ordens Honoríficas Portuguesas (in Portuguese). Retrieved 13 July 2016.
|President of the Regional Government of Madeira
1976 – 1978
Alberto João Jardim
|This Autonomous Region of Madeira–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|