|Known for||Gilmore Girls|
|Notable work||Rita Rocks|
James Berg is an American television producer and writer. He has written for many television series including The Golden Girls, Roseanne and Gilmore Girls and the 1996 feature film A Very Brady Sequel. He has frequently collaborated with fellow producer and writer Stan Zimmerman. Berg and Zimmerman were also the creators and executive producers of the sitcom, Rita Rocks, starring Nicole Sullivan and Tisha Campbell-Martin which ran on Lifetime Television.
Berg is currently, as of 2018, working on the series Silver Foxes. The pilot os based on the documentary Gen Silent, about LGBT seniors forced to live in the closet to handle bureaucratic discrimination. Described as a "gay male Golden Girls, it has been picked up by Super Deluxe. It is co-written with Zimmerman, who also previously worked together as writers on Rita Rocks, Golden Girls, and Gilmore Girls.
He is openly gay.
- "A Very Brady Sequel :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. 1996-08-23. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "James Berg Creates "Rita Rocks"". Crushable. 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- Kolbeins, Graham (2008-11-07). "Gay TV Scribes Prove Life Really is Golden". Advocate.com. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- Daniel Reynolds (April 12, 2018). "Hollywood's Ageism and Homophobia Almost Killed Silver Foxes". The Advocate. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Joe Otterson (March 26, 2018). "Super Deluxe to Develop Gay Senior Citizen Comedy 'Silver Foxes' From 'Golden Girls' Team". Variety. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Tolly Wright (March 27, 2018). "Writing Duo from Gilmore Girls and Golden Girls Is Working on Gay Retirees Comedy". Vulture. Retrieved April 12, 2018.