Type of site
|Founded||January 17, 2007|
|Dissolved||October 19, 2018|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U. S.|
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System|
Super Deluxe was an entertainment company owned by Turner Broadcasting. The company's main output was in online video, television series, and documentaries. Super Deluxe was headquartered in downtown Los Angeles.
Turner Broadcasting System announced the launch of Super Deluxe, a digital comedy website, in October 2006. Super Deluxe was first launched on January 17, 2007 and featured digital shorts by comedians including Bob Odenkirk, Maria Bamford, Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. The website was folded into Adult Swim.com on May 7, 2008.
Super Deluxe was relaunched as a new entity in late 2015. The "new" Super Deluxe was a separate entity from its original incarnation, only connected by name. The network features short form videos including comedic shorts, political satire, animation, and music videos. The Super Deluxe production studio focuses on television series and feature films.
Among these videos are Donald Trump related videos by Vic Berger, a frequent collaborator for the comedy duo Tim & Eric. Each of these videos remixes various debate appearances with air horns and crowds chanting Trump's name. During both the 2016 Republican National Convention and the 2016 Democratic National Convention, both Vic Berger and Tim Heidecker covered the events on the Super Deluxe channel. Vic Berger also created an "Oscar bait" version of the 2015 film Straight Outta Compton for Super Deluxe.
In 2017, Vicente Fox, the former President of Mexico, appeared in a series of videos on the channel. In these videos, Fox criticized Trump on a variety of issues including his proposal to build a wall between America and Mexico and his Cinco de Mayo taco bowl tweet.
On August 9, 2019, American entertainment company Fullscreen acquired the rights to Super Deluxe and has rebranded the company as Tatered, focusing on similar content as its predecessor. The first Tatered video was uploaded on August 26, 2019, announcing the rebrand and future content.
Series produced for Super Deluxe
Various Super Deluxe programs have featured celebrities such as Billie Eilish, Maria Bamford, Richard Belzer, Norm MacDonald, Bob Odenkirk, Tim & Eric, Chelsea Peretti, Nick Swardson, Nathan Fielder, Oliver Tree and Toby Radloff.
First iteration (2007-2008)
- Adventures With The Ambersons
- All My Exes
- Black Supaman
- Bobby's Beautiful Bed & Breakfast
- Bronx World Travelers
- Can't Sleep
- Chasing Donovan
- Children's Guide To Growing Up
- China, Illinois
- Chunklet Invades Austin
- Chunklet T.N.A. - Rolling Deep
- Comedy By The Numbers
- Country Public Broadcasting System
- Crazy Ass Mofo
- Curious Crackhead
- Danger Squad Action Kickass Team
- David Neher's Homemade Show
- DCLugi TV
- Derek & Simon: The Show
- Diary Of A Lonely DJ, The
- Doing His Best James Dean
- Fark TV
- Formaldehyde Theatre
- Freddy Lockhart's Mixed Media
- Freeloader's Guide To Easy Living, The
- Good Side Of Bad News
- Grandma's Inter-web Show
- Hands Of God, The
- Hawaiian Tropic
- I Am Baby Cakes
- I Hate My Roommates
- Inhuman Resources
- Kill Me Now
- Killer Mike's Grind Time Sports Show Bang! Bang! Bang!
- Kinda Like News
- Kitten vs. Newborn
- Law Of The Jungle, The
- Life 101
- Little Michael Jackson And Me
- Littlest Panther, The
- Making Friends with Chelsea Peretti
- Maria Bamford Show
- Mater P Theatre
- Maximus Puss
- Miss Artemis: Pet Regressor
- Norm MacDonald Presents: The Fake News
- Party Animals
- Penelope: Princess of Pets
- Position of the Day
- Professor Brothers, The
- Psych Ward
- Real Scientific
- Robots vs. Dragons
- Sam's Home
- Scream Engine IV
- Snuz Brothers, The
- Sourced Out
- Space Talk From Dimension Eugene
- Subconscious Channel
- Super Amazing Innovations
- Super Deluxe Newsletter
- Super Deluxe Podcasts
- Ted Zone, The
- This Is Now
- Tim And Eric Nite Live
- Tim And Eric Not Live
- Time Suck
- Too Soon?
- Treasure Trail
- Ulysses S. Grant
- Viral Vidiocy
- W's World
- Wayne & Toby Show, The
- What's Your Story?
- Whiskers and Mr. Fancy
- Y'all So Stupid
- You Asked For It
Revived iteration (2015-2018)
Series ended when Super Deluxe was closed
- Cheap Thrills (2017–2018)
- Memesplaining (2018)
- Sex Stuff (2018)
- Thrift Haul with Fat Tony (2017–2018)
- On Blast (2018)
- Animefit9000 with Caleon Fox (2018)
- Free 4 Me (2018)
- Robot Takeover (2018)
- AnimeFit 9000 (2018)
- Caring (2016)
- Dark Day (2016)
- David (2016)
- Disengaged (2015–2016)
- Fridays (2016)
- Future You (2016)
- Kick Me (2018)
- Magic Funhouse! (2016; moved to Fullscreen)
- Mind Jack (2016)
- Riders (2016)
- Total Hack (2018)
- Turnt Beauty (2016–2018)
- Xtra Sauce (2018)
Produced TV Series
- Spangler, Todd (June 15, 2016). "Turner's Super Deluxe Developing Edgy TV Comedies with Stephen Gaghan, Other Partners". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved June 15, 2016.
- Le Tellier, Alexandra (December 6, 2016). "Sundance Invites Three Super Deluxe Projects to Premiere at the 2017 Film Festival" (Press release). Los Angeles, CA: Turner Broadcasting System. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- "TBS to launch 'Net comedy outlet next year". United Press International. 2006-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Turner site to offer TV-quality comedy". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 2006-10-31. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- Gutelle, Sam (1 January 2008). "Review of Super Deluxe". Tubefilter. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Kramer, Staci D. (7 May 2008). "Another One Bites The Dust: Turner Folds Comedy Site SuperDeluxe Into AdultSwim.com". The Washington Post. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Adams, Erik (14 March 2013). "Going beyond "Washington" with the online cartoons of Brad Neely". www.avclub.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (6 October 2015). "Turner Reboots Digital Content Venture Super Deluxe (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Times, Los Angeles (7 January 2016). "Turner chief Kevin Reilly talks about reinventing TBS and TNT in this 'hairy' time in TV". latimes.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Chen, Adrian (7 April 2016). "A Political Satirist for the Internet Election". The New Yorker. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Collins, Sean. "Vic Berger IV Is Vine's Strangest Political Satirist | VICE | United States". VICE. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Jagannathan, Meera (July 30, 2016). "Vic Berger, Tim Heidecker explain absurdist 'Election Special'". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Blevins, Joe (July 26, 2016). "The Vic Berger Election Special ventures awkwardly into Trump territory". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Pitchel, Samantha (August 2, 2016). "Watch Ti Heidecker and Vic Berger's Two-Part Convention Special". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Chan, Melissa (28 February 2016). "Watch the Fake Oscar Bait Trailer For 'Straight Outta Compton'". TIME.com. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Hensch, Mark (May 24, 2017). "Vicente Fox to Trump: You're president for 'the wrong reason'". TheHill. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Strutner, Suzy (June 7, 2017). "Former Mexican President Scorches Trump Over Taco Bowls". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Reichard, Raquel (June 9, 2017). "Watch Vicente Fox Remind Trump That Mexico Will Not Pay for His Wall". LATINA. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Neilan, Dan (September 14, 2018). "Surrealist horror web series Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is coming back". News. Retrieved September 14, 2018.
- Spangler, Todd (19 October 2018). "Turner Shuts Down Super Deluxe, Citing Duplication With Other WarnerMedia Units". Variety.
- James, Meg. "AT&T pulls the plug on Turner's Super Deluxe studio - Los Angeles Times". latimes.com.
- Wright, Megh (2019-08-09). "Fullscreen Acquires Super Deluxe, Rebrands It 'Tatered'". Vulture. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "This is Tatered 🥔". YouTube. August 26, 2019. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- "Hilarious Videos With a Few Stand Up Comedians & Some Funny Cartoons | Super Deluxe". web.archive.org. 16 December 2008. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (October 30, 2006). "Super site for Turner". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Mahan, Colin (October 30, 2006). "Turner goes Super Deluxe". TV.com.