This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System
|Key people||Wolfgang Hammer
|Launched||December 9, 2015|
Super Deluxe is an entertainment company owned by, but operating independently from, Turner Broadcasting. The company's main output is in online video, television series, and documentaries. Super Deluxe is headquartered in downtown Los Angeles.
Turner Broadcasting System announced the launch of Super Deluxe, a digital comedy website, in October 2006. Super Deluxe was first launched in January 2007 and featured digital shorts by comedians including Bob Odenkirk, Maria Bamford, Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. The website was folded into Adult Swim about a year later, however, Super Deluxe was relaunched as a new entity in late 2015.
The "new" Super Deluxe was a separate entity from its original incarnation, only connected by name. The network features short form videos including comedic shorts, political satire, animation, and music videos, while the Super Deluxe production studio focuses on television series and feature films.
Among these videos are Donald Trump related videos by Vic Berger, a frequent collaborator for the comedy duo Tim & Eric. Each of these videos remixes various Trump debate appearances with air horns and crowds chanting Trump's name. During both the 2016 Republican National Convention and the 2016 Democratic National Convention, both Vic Berger and Tim Heidecker covered the events on the Super Deluxe channel.
In 2017, Vicente Fox, the former President of Mexico, appeared in a series of videos on the channel. In these videos, Fox criticized Trump on a variety of issues including his proposal to build a wall between America and Mexico and his Cinco de Mayo taco bowl tweet.
- Brandon Rogers
- Eric Appel
- Maria Bamford
- Roger Black
- Richard Belzer
- Comedy Death-Ray
- Mike Diva
- Fark TV
- Dave Foley
- Vicente Fox
- Wayne Alan Harold
- Dave Hill
- Louis Katz
- Freddy Lockhart
- Doug Lussenhop
- Norm Macdonald
- Randolph Mantooth
- Aaron McGruder
- Eugene Mirman
- Brad Neely
- Waco O'Guin
- Bob Odenkirk
- Olde English
- Corky Quakenbush
- Toby Radloff
- Jonah Ray
- Nick Swardson
- Tim & Eric
- Larry Wachs
- Brent Weinbach
- Nathan Fielder
- Joanne the Scammer
Series produced for Super Deluxe
- Tim and Eric Nite Live! (2007-2008)
- Y'All So Stupid (2007-2008)
- Disengaged (2015-2016)
- Riders (2016)
- Future You (2016)
- Caring (2016)
- Fridays (2016)
- Magic Funhouse (moved to Fullscreen)
- "Sundance Invites Three Super Deluxe Projects To Premiere at the 2017 Film Festival". Turner. December 6, 2016.
- "TBS to launch 'Net comedy outlet next year". United Press International. 2006-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Turner site to offer TV-quality comedy". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 2006-10-31. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- Gutelle, Sam (1 January 2008). "Review of Super Deluxe". Tubefilter. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Kramer, Staci D. (7 May 2008). "Another One Bites The Dust: Turner Folds Comedy Site SuperDeluxe Into AdultSwim.com". The Washington Post. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Adams, Erik (14 March 2013). "Going beyond “Washington” with the online cartoons of Brad Neely". www.avclub.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (6 October 2015). "Turner Reboots Digital Content Venture Super Deluxe (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Times, Los Angeles (7 January 2016). "Turner chief Kevin Reilly talks about reinventing TBS and TNT in this 'hairy' time in TV". latimes.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Chen, Adrian (7 April 2016). "A Political Satirist for the Internet Election". The New Yorker. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Collins, Sean. "Vic Berger IV Is Vine's Strangest Political Satirist | VICE | United States". VICE. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Jagannathan, Meera (July 30, 2016). "Vic Berger, Tim Heidecker explain absurdist ‘Election Special’". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Blevins, Joe (July 26, 2016). "The Vic Berger Election Special ventures awkwardly into Trump territory". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Pitchel, Samantha (August 2, 2016). "Watch Tim Heidecker and Vic Berger’s Two-Part Convention Special". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Hensch, Mark (May 24, 2017). "Vicente Fox to Trump: You’re president for ‘the wrong reason’". TheHill. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Strutner, Suzy (June 7, 2017). "Former Mexican President Scorches Trump Over Taco Bowls". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Reichard, Raquel (June 9, 2017). "Watch Vicente Fox Remind Trump That Mexico Will Not Pay for His Wall". LATINA. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Chan, Melissa (28 February 2016). "Watch the Fake Oscar Bait Trailer For ‘Straight Outta Compton’". TIME.com. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Lyne, Charlie (August 27, 2016). "Super Deluxe: meet the 'creative weirdos' remixing Trump and Clinton". The Guardian. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (October 30, 2006). "Super site for Turner". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Mahan, Colin (October 30, 2006). "Turner goes Super Deluxe". TV.com.