Super Deluxe Logo
Type of site
(Turner Broadcasting System)
|Launched||December 9, 2015|
Super Deluxe is an online video network, production studio, and technology company that creates digital shorts and animations, as well as original series and films. According to their website, their mission is to produce “Funny and smart videos from funny and smart weirdos.” The company is owned by Turner Broadcasting but operates independently.
On October 2006, Turner Broadcasting Network announced they will release the website the next year. Super Deluxe was first launched in January 2007 and featured digital shorts by comedians including Bob Odenkirk, Maria Bamford, Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. Although the site was defunct by Adult Swim about a year later, Super Deluxe was eventually relaunched as a new entity in 2015.
Rebirth of Super Deluxe
The new Super Deluxe launched in late 2015 as separate entity from the former version, only connected by name. The Super Deluxe network features short form videos ranging from comedic shorts, political satire, animation, and music videos. The Super Deluxe production studio produces TV series and feature films. Super Deluxe is also tapping into the tech industry by working on websites, games and apps.
Among these videos include Donald Trump related videos by Vic Berger, a frequent collaborator for the comedy duo Tim & Eric. Each of these videos remix various Trump debate appearances with air horns and crowds chanting Trump's name. During both the 2016 Republican National Convention and the 2016 Democratic National Convention, both Vic Berger and Tim Heidecker covered the events on the Super Deluxe channel.
- Eric Appel
- Maria Bamford
- Roger Black
- Richard Belzer
- Comedy Death-Ray
- Mike Diva
- Fark TV
- Dave Foley
- Wayne Alan Harold
- Dave Hill
- Louis Katz
- Freddy Lockhart
- Doug Lussenhop
- Norm Macdonald
- Randolph Mantooth
- Aaron McGruder
- Eugene Mirman
- Brad Neely
- Waco O'Guin
- Bob Odenkirk
- Olde English
- Corky Quakenbush
- Toby Radloff
- Jonah Ray
- Nick Swardson
- Tim & Eric
- Larry Wachs
- Brent Weinbach
Series produced for Super Deluxe
- Tim and Eric Nite Live! (2007-08)
- Y'All So Stupid (2007-2008)
- Disengaged (2015-present)
- Riders (2016-present)
- Future You (2016-present)
- Caring (2016-present)
- Fridays (2016-present)
- "TBS to launch 'Net comedy outlet next year". United Press International. 2006-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- "Turner site to offer TV-quality comedy". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 2006-10-31. Archived from the original on 2016-06-04. Retrieved 2016-06-04.
- Gutelle, Sam (1 January 2008). "Review of Super Deluxe". Tubefilter. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Kramer, Staci D. (7 May 2008). "Another One Bites The Dust: Turner Folds Comedy Site SuperDeluxe Into AdultSwim.com". The Washington Post. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Adams, Erik (14 March 2013). "Going beyond "Washington" with the online cartoons of Brad Neely". www.avclub.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (6 October 2015). "Turner Reboots Digital Content Venture Super Deluxe (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Times, Los Angeles (7 January 2016). "Turner chief Kevin Reilly talks about reinventing TBS and TNT in this 'hairy' time in TV". latimes.com. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Roettgers, Janko (1 March 2016). "Turner's Super Deluxe Is Building a Video and Gif Aggregation Site (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Chen, Adrian (7 April 2016). "A Political Satirist for the Internet Election". The New Yorker. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Collins, Sean. "Vic Berger IV Is Vine's Strangest Political Satirist | VICE | United States". VICE. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Jagannathan, Meera (July 30, 2016). "Vic Berger, Tim Heidecker explain absurdist 'Election Special'". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Blevins, Joe (July 26, 2016). "The Vic Berger Election Special ventures awkwardly into Trump territory". Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Pitchel, Samantha (August 2, 2016). "Watch Tim Heidecker and Vic Berger's Two-Part Convention Special". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Chan, Melissa (28 February 2016). "Watch the Fake Oscar Bait Trailer For 'Straight Outta Compton'". TIME.com. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Wallenstein, Andrew (October 30, 2006). "Super site for Turner". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Mahan, Colin (October 30, 2006). "Turner goes Super Deluxe". TV.com.