James C. Bean
James Carl "Jim" Bean is an American college administrator from Oregon. He is the current provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. He previously served as Senior Associate Dean for Academic Programs at the Lundquist College of Business, and also Senior Vice President and Provost at the University of Oregon.
Bean was previously the dean of the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon where he served as the Harry B. Miller Professor of Business. Additionally, he served as an administrator for 24 years at the University of Michigan. He served as the associate dean for graduate education and international programs in the College of Engineering, and associate dean for academic affairs. In addition to his duties as provost, he is a member of the board of trustees at Harvey Mudd College.
Bean was previously president of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. He remains a charter fellow of the institute.
- Ph.D., Operations Research, Stanford University, 1980
- M.S., Operations Research, Stanford University, 1979
- B.S., Mathematics, Harvey Mudd College, 1977
- "James C. Bean | Office of the Provost at Northeastern University". Office of the Provost at Northeastern University. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "James C. Bean - Emeritus Professor". business.uoregon.edu. University of Oregon. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Biography". uoregon.edu.
- "Board of Trustees Biographies". Hmc.edu. 2009-06-15. Retrieved 2012-01-08.
- "Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs". Northeastern University. Retrieved 20 January 2018.