James Robert Smith (author)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (December 2020)
James Robert Smith (born June 28, 1957) is an American author. His first novel, The Flock (ISBN 1-59414-377-3), was published August 2, 2006, by Five Star.
|Author||James Robert Smith|
|November 9, 2010|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
The Flock is a 2006 novel by James Smith. The Flock is a contemporary eco-thriller about what can happen when man violates nature, and when nature fights back.
A remote Florida swamp has been targeted for theme park development, and the swamp's inhabitants are none too happy. It doesn't help that the residents are a colony of intelligent, prehistoric, dinosaur-like birds: terror birds. This flock of beasts has escaped the mass extinction that killed off the dinosaurs, relying on stealth, cunning, and killer instinct. The creatures have been living in secret.
As the developers push to have the recently discovered animals exterminated, a billionaire rogue environmentalist steps in to protect these rare, predatory creatures. A naïve young Fish and Wildlife officer finds himself caught in between these two forces and finds conflict.
A film adaptation of The Flock has been optioned.
"A Certain Kindness", Midnight Shambler No. 6
- "The Flock". GoodReads. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- "The Flock (Paperback)". Amazon. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- ^ *Deth_Banger. "Travis Malloy Adapting 'The Flock' for the Big Screen". horror-movies.ca. Archived from the original on 21 July 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- zombie (15 March 2011). "The Flock becomes a movie". HorrorMovieFans.com. Archived from the original on 27 April 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Eric M. Armstrong (13 July 2009). "Smith's 'The Flock' Picked Up for Film Adaptation". The Moving Arts. Archived from the original on 6 January 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Patrick Sauriol (13 July 2009). "The Flock proves that arguing on the internet is worth it". Corona Coming Attractions. Retrieved 10 September 2012.