Jamie Davis (musician)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||James Lee Davis III|
September 3, 1983 |
Tupelo, Mississippi, U.S.
|Origin||Rienzi, Mississippi, U.S.|
|Genres||Country, soul, Southern rock, blues rock, folk rock, pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar|
|Associated acts||Come On Go With Us, Alison Parson, Big Joe Shelton, Paul Thorn, Wavorly, Dierks Bentley, Hank Williams Jr., Crossin Dixon, Hobo Hippie, Flathead Ford, Kay Bain and The Saturday Mornin' Band, Alan Sibley and The Magnolia Ramblers, Juke Joint Gypsies, Eric Church, Colt Ford, OneRepublic, Night Ranger, Saving Abel|
James Lee Davis III (born September 3, 1983) is an American country/soul/Southern rock musician. He is best known as lead singer, guitarist, and principal songwriter of Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy, the band notable for its 2006 single "Mississippi Moonshine".
He was born as James Lee Davis III in Tupelo, Mississippi, and grew up in Booneville. He is the eldest of six children born to Angela Cook Hughes and James "Jim" Davis, Jr. He attended Northeast Community College and Mississippi State University, where he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Business. Davis is a Republican, although he supported then-Congressman Travis Childers (D-MS) in 2008. He was married in November 2013, and has a child.
Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy
Davis and Dan Isbell, former member of Christian rock group Wavorly, founded Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy while attending Mississippi State University. The rotating band lineup solidified in 2005 with the addition of highly acclaimed Starkville-area musicians John Staggers (drums), Mitch Shurden (bass), and Jerry Carnathan (lead guitar). The band's current members are:
- Jamie Davis, lead vocals, guitar
- Jerry Carnathan, vocals, lead guitar
- Lee Graham, bass
- Dustin Nunley, vocals, acoustic guitar, banjo
- John Staggers, drums
- Dustin Childers, current manager/booking agent, lead guitar until 2005
- Dan Isbell, vocals, guitar until 2014
- Josh Mallard, drums until 2005
- Mitch Shurden, bass 2005-2009
- Jason Herndon, bass until 2005
- 2006 - Mississippi Moonshine
- 2010 - The Blue Album
- 2015 - Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy (informally, The Green Album) produced by Mac McAnally
- "Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy". Primesourceentertainment.com. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "The Band". Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy - The Band. The Official Website of Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "Scene Now". Scene Now. NEMS360.com. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Nalley, Steven. "Jamie Davis and Soul Gravy Return to Starkville". Jamie Davis and Soul Gravy Return to Starkville. Starkville Daily News. Archived from the original on September 29, 2011. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "The Blue Album by Jamie Davis & Soul Gravy". The Blue Album. iTunes. Retrieved 23 June 2011.