||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Jamie Michael How|
19 May 1981 |
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium|
|Test debut (cap 232)||9 March 2006 v West Indies|
|Last Test||26 March 2009 v India|
|ODI debut (cap 143)||31 December 2005 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||8 March 2011 v Pakistan|
|T20I debut (cap 28)||23 November 2007 v South Africa|
|Last T20I||13 June 2017 v England|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: Cricinfo, 23 March 2017|
Jamie Michael How (born 19 May 1981 in New Plymouth) is a former cricketer who has played Test match, One Day International and Twenty20 International cricket for New Zealand. He attended Palmerston North Boys' High School. In New Zealand domestic cricket, he plays for and captains Central Districts. How is a steady scoring, right-handed opening batsman and occasional off-spin bowler. He made his first-class debut in 2000–2001 and his international debut in 2005–2006.
How forced his way into international contention through a series of good seasons for Central Districts. He made his international debut in a One Day International match against Sri Lanka in Queenstown on 31 December 2005.
How scored a brilliant 116-ball 139, his maiden ODI century, in chasing the massive total of 340 against England at Napier in 2008. How was eventually run out on the second-last ball of the New Zealand innings. The match was eventually tied.
He was selected to make his Test debut in the first Test against the West Indies on 9 March 2006 as an opening batsman. He struggled in his first few matches, failing to reach fifty in his first ten innings and was dropped from the team at the end of 2006. On his return to Tests in March 2007 – 2008, he posted his first half-century, a fluent 92 in the first Test against England at Hamilton. His second-innings 68 at Lord's a couple of months later laid the foundation for New Zealand to save the Test match.
One Day International centuries
|One Day International centuries of Jamie How|
|1||139||19||England||Napier, New Zealand||McLean Park||2008||Tied|
He attended Palmerston North Boys High School.
- "Worker set to be Palmerston North Boys' High's 16th New Zealand player". Stuff. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Jamie How blasts his way to 222". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "1st ODI: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Queenstown, Dec 31, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "4th ODI: New Zealand v England at Napier, Feb 20, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "England salvage incredible tie". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "New Zealand v England 2007-08". Cricinfo. 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "1st Test: New Zealand v West Indies at Auckland, Mar 9-13, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "1st Test: New Zealand v England at Hamilton, Mar 5-9, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2017-04-12.