Kilstein at the 2009 Melbourne Comedy Gala
|Born||Jamie Alexander Kilstein
May 17, 1982
|Occupation||Comedian, media pundit, blog contributor, musician and radio host|
Jamie Alexander Kilstein (born May 17, 1982) is an American writer, radio host, and progressive political comic. He made his debut television appearance on Conan and has been seen on MSNBC's Up with Chris Hayes, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, Showtime, and BBC America. Kilstein hosts the internet talk radio show Citizen Radio along with his wife, political columnist Allison Kilkenny.
Kilstein grew up in Pennington, New Jersey, and is the oldest of five children. He lives in Brooklyn. Kilstein is an outspoken vegan and atheist. His father is Jewish and his mother is Christian.
Kilstein's writing has appeared on left-leaning sites including Wonkette, which featured a recurring column in summer 2012 titled Sundays with Jamie Kilstein and the Lord. The column covered topics like pundits' penchant for overusing 9/11 analogies  and "anchor babies". In September 2013, Kilstein came out publicly as suffering from both alcoholism and an eating disorder in a front-page article for Jezebel, "I'm an Alcoholic Dude With an Eating Disorder. Hi."
Kilstein's first comedy album, "Please Buy My Jokes", was recorded on February 23, 2008, in front of a live audience at the Lakeshore Theater in Chicago. It was released in 2008.
His second comedy album, "Zombie Jesus", was also recorded at the Lake Shore Theater in Chicago, September 11-13, 2008. It was released on October 27, 2009.
Kilstein released his third album, "Libel, Slander, and Sedition", on September 13, 2011. It was recorded at the Acme Comedy Company in Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 13-16, 2010.
Kilstein's fourth comedy album, What Alive People Do, was released on October 22, 2013. It was a double album recorded in front of an Austin audience at the New Movement Theater on December 2, 2012.
He and Kilkenny (his wife and Citizen Radio co-host) wrote the book Newsfail, which was released on October 14, 2014. The book covers topics including Palestine, trans* rights, feminism, atheists, and factory farming.
SIRIUS and Citizen Radio
Kilstein is the co-creator, director, and co-host of Citizen Radio (formerly Drunken Politics), an internet political radio show, which Kilstein and co-host writer Kilkenny describe as "being like CNN, but with more swearing." Citizen Radio is available on iTunes for free download. Past guests include: Noam Chomsky, Ralph Nader, Bad Religion, Sarah Silverman, Janeane Garofalo, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Chris Hannah, Howard Zinn, and Rachel Maddow.
- Drunken Politics | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio
- AltCom Presents: "TOFUnny" - Vegan comedy w/Myq Kaplan, MC Mr. Napkins and Jamie Kilstein, Somerville | Events | Yelp
- Atheist comedian Jamie Kilstein, with opener John Knefel, peforms [sic] on campus | Centre for Inquiry
- Kilstein, Jamie. "Sundays with Jamie Kilstein and the Lord". Wonkette. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- Kilstein, Jamie. "SUNDAYS WITH JAMIE KILSTEIN AND THE LORD: 9/11 IS THE 9/11 OF HEALTH CARE ANALOGIES". Wonkette. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- Kilstein, Jamie. "I'm an Alcoholic Dude With an Eating Disorder. Hi." Jezebel. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Ten Questions We Ask Everyone: Jamie Kilstein". Ents24.com. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- Jamie Kilstein's official website
- Huffington Post archives
- Citizen Radio's free podcast
- Kilstein's performance on Conan.