Jan Knippers Black
Jan Knippers Black (born March 10, 1940) is an American professor of Human Rights, International and Comparative Politics of the Western Hemisphere, Women's Rights, and Globalization at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
Black is a specialist in international and grassroots development, international and comparative politics, and US foreign policy. Black has been leading the Middlebury Institute's human rights programs for more than a decade. Black received her PhD from the School of International Service at American University. She is a member of the board of directors at Amnesty International.
Black is the author of several books that examine global human rights. She is also a member of the Advisory Boards of International Political Science Association's Committee on Civil-Military Affairs; the PHD Fellowship Program of the US Inter-American Foundation; the Global Studies Program of California State University, San Jose.
In 2018, the Jan Knippers Black Fund for Human Rights Protection was launched with the goal of raising money for the MIIS-Amnesty International USA Fellowship Program.
- (2010). The Politics of Human Rights Protection, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers INC, ISBN 978-0742540521
- (1999). Inequity in the Global Village: Recycled Rhetoric and Disposable People, Kumarian Press, ISBN 978-1565490994
- (1986). Dominican Republic: Politics and Development in an Unsovereign State, Unwin Hyman, ISBN 978-0044970019
- (1986). Sentinels of Empire: The United States and Latin American Militarism, Praeger, ISBN 978-0313251559
- American Men & Women of Science: Social & Behavioral Sciences. (1978) 13th edition. New York: R.R. Bowker.
- "Jan Knippers Black". Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. November 14, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Board of Director Profiles". Amnesty International. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Jan Knippers Black". Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. November 14, 2015. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Launching the Jan Knippers Black Fund for Human Rights Protection | Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey". www.middlebury.edu. Retrieved 2020-02-28.