Jane Simpson (solicitor)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jane Simpson is a family lawyer who specialised in complex ancillary relief cases and those involving children. Simpson is a trained marriage guidance counselor and collaborative lawyer. She has been described as the “doyenne of family lawyers”. She was the founder and head of the family law department at Manches LLP, a UK law firm, as well as its Chairman. making her one of few women who have led City of London law firms.
Simpson was admitted Solicitor of Supreme Court 1967. She was a fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (IAML). In 2008, Simpson was one of the founders of the group, Collaborative Family Law (formerly the Central London Collaborative Forum) which aims to bring collaborative law to high value cases. In 1982 Simpson co-founded, and from 1993-95 chaired, the Solicitors' Family Law Association (now Resolution). It is the national organisation for solicitors specialising in family law and now has over 5,000 members. She also served as a member of the Lord Chancellor’s Family Law Advisory Board and was a non executive director and Vice Chairman of the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. Jane was the chair at Manches until her retirement in 2011. In 2013, Manches LLP merged with Pennington to form Pennington Manches.
- "Jane Simpson". Legal500. Archived from the original on 25 January 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Jane Simpson". Manches. Archived from the original on 2009-01-06. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Gibb, Frances (18 March 2010). "The Times on the death of Judith Manches". Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Jane Simpson". International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Retrieved 2007-04-14.
- Collaborative Family Law - CFL
- The Times on the launch of the Central London Collaborative Forum
- "About us". Resolution. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "History". Penningtons Manches LLP. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- Burton, Lucy (11 November 2013). "Manches: Life after debt". The Lawyer. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "About Penningtons Manches". Penningtons Manches LLP. Retrieved 11 May 2017.